DIC installed

maybe2fast

in your face Jeremy! well today I sat in my car and wired in the DIC. I still need to put in the panel light up wire in (I forgot) I don't think I am going to put in the panel dimmer so it is on or off. I never dim the dash anyways. I will get pics up soon but if anyone who reads this and has done it in a Lumina please tell me what wires on the switch are the dimmer wires (color) everything is working and it is badass!

in your face Jeremy! well today I sat in my car and wired in the DIC. I still need to put in the panel light up wire in (I forgot) I don't think I am going to put in the panel dimmer so it is on or off. I never dim the dash anyways. I will get pics up soon but if anyone who reads this and has done it in a Lumina please tell me what wires on the switch are the dimmer wires (color) everything is working and it is badass!

sweet, glad I was your motivation :wink: ..I am glad you got it working.......take some pics, I want to see what the newer one looks like, I might have to get one of those because I think that color scheme will match my cutty interior better....

there should be two dimmer wires for the dimmer loop... I know what ones are the dimmer wires on the DIC harness...but what are color are the dimmer wires on the Lumina switch? they don't match the color on the DIC harness.

I ran all my wires under the carpet and then the dash had to come out, and I did all the connections right so I will not have to worry about them. I was thinking screw the dimmer and hook the panel lights to the parking light switch so when the parking lights are on the panel lights turn on. the dic wiring panel light wire is Brown and there is a brown wire in the back of the parking light switch. Correct me if I am wrong. that reminds me Steve the money will be in the mail tommarow (thursday) I need that switch badly.

one other thing does the Color screened DIC take the same plug? like if I were to trade Jeremy for his color screen DIC could I just plug it in to my excisting harness? and his the same...just swap them and what about the cases will it fit in the green screen case?

trade you!

if you are serious, I will be up for it.....I woulld just have to meet you somewhere to swap.....I had to "shave down" the tom mounting bracket on mine though to get it to fit in the cutty dash....you wouldn't be able to tell if you have it mounted in the dic console though.....

Most of the '97-'03 GP's have a DIC in them...unfortunately they are like curved along with the dash....But they are cool none the less.

I may have to try the cutlass DIS in my car this weekend.

The wiring is the same between the VFD (orig. STE) and LCD DICs. I only used the one dimmer line and it appears to work fine. I used the wiring for the cigarette lighter to get constant power, dimmer and ground. I hooked B3 to the grey wire in cig. circuit.

I have to toss the original cover in the DIC too, its scratched to hell, I think I'll try some of this crystal clear plexi I got should work nicely.

To clean it I would use a very very soft cloth thats slightly damp and draw it across the screen from one side to the other then change to a clean section of cloth and repeat. Always draw the dirt and dust off like this and never just wipe it all around, cause that's what sratches them to hell.