May sound stupid but.........

Darksyde

:?: Ok i have always wished my Z34 was a droptop. So here's my question. I believe it was the Cutlass maybe that came as a droptop for a while. Now being a w-body could you take say the fenders, quarters, hood, trunk, etc off of a z34 and fit them to a droptop cutty? Mind this question has no bearing on money. Just a long shot question for a project. I think it would be sweet to have a drop top Z34.

:?: Ok i have always wished my Z34 was a droptop. So here's my question. I believe it was the Cutlass maybe that came as a droptop for a while. Now being a w-body could you take say the fenders, quarters, hood, trunk, etc off of a z34 and fit them to a droptop cutty? Mind this question has no bearing on money. Just a long shot question for a project. I think it would be sweet to have a drop top Z34.

I has been talked about many times with a B4U GP, but no one has attempted it.....

I have already drawn up some plans on paper, and figured out what Id need.. Itd be EASIER to just chop the roof off a Lumina 2 door.. ANd import the Cutlass parts.. But my project is WAAAAAY out there.. Its only in the opening paper draft and drawing stages..

Ok, well.. There IS a bit more than that involved.. But.. The point is.. I myself find it would be easier toi do that.. Mainly because I know what Im doing, and enjoy it.. Cutting into a car, modifying it, or anything that makes it better, or stronger is fun, and definately worth while..

Ok, well.. There IS a bit more than that involved.. But.. The point is.. I myself find it would be easier toi do that.. Mainly because I know what Im doing, and enjoy it.. Cutting into a car, modifying it, or anything that makes it better, or stronger is fun, and definately worth while..

I guess I would rather see you chop up a lumina, then bastardize a cutty 'vert with lumina body parts....I can understand the GP panels, but the lumina panels replacing the sexy lines of a cutty would be horrible....IMHO of course...:D

Jeremy, I respect you for not calling my car aparts car.. Because.. Well.. Most of my parts come from the higher optioned GPs, and Cuttys.. lol.. And now Regals.. (ASC sunroof.. Muah!)

Just chop the roof off, and the back glass, and whip out the torch

you should do some more research about convertible frames/reinforcements before you try that

Ask supremestyle about how good a torch works. You need a sawzall. He mentioned something about a convert Lumi driving around town here too, but I've never seen it. As for the structure, I have driven the prix all over hell, and it's surprisingly solid. Even up and down ditches. I'm almost ready for the baja conversion, then it'll be time for some night driving.

Yeah I will, kinda busy now with harvest and all that, but I'll be doing some stuff to it before the snow flies. I've almost got all the roof mount lights for it, now I just need to find some tires.

Ok maybe the drop would be tuff......what about just a hard half top. Say from the windshield to the front of the rear side windows. I've never seen that before. I know it has to be able to be done. I have done a hard top conversion on a S-10. But that was a kit , it came with gaskets and seals and latches. I think it would be cool. But some people say i dont think well.... :wink:

Ok maybe the drop would be tuff......what about just a hard half top. Say from the windshield to the front of the rear side windows. I've never seen that before. I know it has to be able to be done. I have done a hard top conversion on a S-10. But that was a kit , it came with gaskets and seals and latches. I think it would be cool. But some people say i dont think well.... :wink:

I don't think you could do a targa top unless you got the doors from a 'vert......for obvious reasons

....but if you ever try it make sure you reinforce the frame....

I think the best and easiest way to do it would be to just swap the parts from a Lumina to a cutty. But if you're looking for something more, you could always use the original roof and somehow make it so it folds up into the trunk , just like the Cadillac XLR.

I don't think you could do a targa top unless you got the doors from a 'vert......for obvious reasons

Oh you dont need the other doors. For the S10 all we had to do was cut the upper portion of the doors and weld them to the targo portion. It worked without a problem. But who knows different car different problems i suppose.

Oh you dont need the other doors. For the S10 all we had to do was cut the upper portion of the doors and weld them to the targo portion. It worked without a problem. But who knows different car different problems i suppose.

Yup, like the whole unibody contruction vs full frame blazer thingy :wink: