Keyless entry box differences

91GPSTE

Anyone know what years will interchange with 91'? Mine bit the dust and I am going to a junkyard to look for a new box. Will I need to get the remotes too or can mine be programmed to work with new box? Also are all of them located on the rear deck under the carpet and are there any other cars besides W-bodies that I can look at?

Anyone know what years will interchange with 91'?

I would assume '88 through maybe '94 would be a direct swap.

Will I need to get the remotes too or can mine be programmed to work with new box?

You don't need the remotes.. but it wouldn't hurt to grab extras.

Also are all of them located on the rear deck under the carpet

I've never seen one personally but from what I understand if you look into the trunk and up near the speakers it's over there... There should also be a wire just hanging around. That's to reprogram your remotes.. something like ground the wire and press a button on the remotes; the locks will cycle.. I don't know the exact details.

Just came back from a yard and nothing! Hundreds of cars and not a single one with keyless entry. Actually I saw a few Cutlasses with ground wire hanging there but when I looked up under the trunk there were no pins sticking out that hold the box in place. I even tried ripping the carpet out from the inside and no box, just a wiring harness hanging there.