Too rough on bumps and BAM! noise.

GnatGoSplat

The rear of my car rides too damn stiff. When I hit a bump, there is a noise and a hard jolt, like BAM!

It did even with the stock spring with aux springs removed... actually the Flex-A-Form rear spring is a little softer.

So is this being caused by my KYB rear struts having too much gas pressure, or my giant Addco rear sway bar?

i would just go over to see if anything isint in check, other than that i dont know what else id have to say except id have to hear it lol. thats all i do now, is a drive my car and guess where the sounds are comming from and whats causing them, its a game to me now. :lol:

The KYB's don't really have that many miles on them. Not sure how many, less than 20k I think.

The car is lower than it was, but no lower than a stock 92-97.

I'm almost thinking gas charged struts are just too stiff.

The rear of my car rides too damn stiff. When I hit a bump, there is a noise and a hard jolt, like BAM!

It did even with the stock spring with aux springs removed... actually the Flex-A-Form rear spring is a little softer.

So is this being caused by my KYB rear struts having too much gas pressure, or my giant Addco rear sway bar?

ADDCO bar, trust me...ive been there before. removed bar, reinstalled original...all good.

I get that noise from the Addco bar as well.. but it only happens if there's 2 passengers in the back seats, or a decent load of stuff in the trunk.

There's an easy fix for it.. I can't remember what it was though.

Maybe it's the bar hitting the outer clamps? I'm just remembering that the Addco outer bushings are very small and thin. Maybe hitting a bump is pushing the bar into the clamp and making metal-to-metal contact.

I'm not sure... I might try swapping in OEM clamps and bushings.

i think i have a similar problem but on the front passangerside kyb gr2 insert. when i roll over a speed bump maybe 3-5mph the right side will make a pop or bang sound but the driver side is just fine. I have only heard it 3 times and on the same speed bump... Everything under there looked tight so i was wondering if it was sticking? other then that scenario it works great..