Turn Signal Issue

mrdarkside2k3

the other day I noticed my left turn signal decided to stop blinking, but the front and rear lights still come on. I have a 93 Supreme 3.1. I have no clue what to look for. Can I get some ideas? Thanks

Yeah, I would try pulling the switch towards you (like you're going to flash your high beams, but not quite that far) and see if it starts to blink. My CS did that before I overhauled the switch, 2 years and no probs.

I'd try taking your steering wheel off and cleaning the contacts real good. With these switches, also, the contacts can become bent, and not make good.... contact. Try bending them down some, that helped me.

I was finally able to just flip the switch, and not worry about having to hold it!

Of course, now my right one is starting to need to be held again :evil:

If cleaning the contacts doesnt work, Then do as I did.. GO to a Junkyard, find either a 94 Lumina or a 93 any other W.. Those are the NEWEST switches.. Since 80 bucks is a lot for a piece of plastic.. I paid 9 bucks for a JY one (Coulda gotten a whole column for 11.. I got owned).. I was pissed at the signals.. lol.. I am SO glad they work.. I said "Look! NO HANDS!" to Dany after I fixed em.. But it gets annoying.. And whoever said it was a short.. Its not a short atr all.. Its the plastic and paper thin copper contacts gettin pretty worn.. Replace it now or very soon

I'd try taking your steering wheel off and cleaning the contacts real good. With these switches, also, the contacts can become bent, and not make good.... contact. Try bending them down some, that helped me.

I was finally able to just flip the switch, and not worry about having to hold it!

Of course, now my right one is starting to need to be held again :evil:

that's what i did and it kept me from having to replace mine.

yeah im havin a problem with my switch too after i cleaned out the hazard switch that had a piece of the hazard button stuck in it and prevented everything form working. i wish i woulda thought of cleaning the contacts when i had the steering wheel off. my right turn signal is giving me problems. sometimes my left but mostly my right. when i trun it on i have to push it down a little bit to get it to turn on. yeah i dont feel like spending 80 bucks either.