Looking for 1-weekend upgrades (1.6 rockers?)

Darkness

Since the TGP is my daily driver, I basically get to work on it over weekends only. I can't afford to have her down on workdays. Well, I can, but then I have to drive the wife's Hyundai.

I am looking for some 1-weekend mods that any of you might know about. The engine is stock and I had a hard time catching a riced-out Honda the other day and got a bad case of the ass about it.

What are your opinions about the 1.6 rocker arms? I had thought about doing the change, but wonder if it is worth the time and money to do it.

I know about the K&N, which I have yet to add, and the crossover pipe and Topgun chip, but I was just curious if anyone knows a few more tweaks. My brother wants to get completely radical and yank the engine, deck the heads with a new valve job etc, but I am mainly looking for daily driver mods.

Thanks for your input. :cheers:

u want the most bang for ya buck, throw a reactive filter or K&N on the turbo, cut the cat off if you dont need it. Doller for doller, a topgun 160 chip will make it into a whole different beast. the rockers are a good idea but harder 2 do then the chip and just as much without the same amount of power from the 1 chip.

Thanks for all of the ideas so far!

One thing I have to watch out for is the county I live in does the Echeck thing, so I can't lose the cat. On the plus side, my brother works at a Tuffy in Columbus, so I can get my labor free and parts at cost. He is pretty good at what he does, so he is going to help me with the crossover pipe as well.