Air Filter Help!

HokemBokem

Yesterday i bought a cone filter and added it to my stock air tube( Picture http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/596716/3) Well my stock air tube is about 3 1/2 inch wide and the hole to the cone filter is only 3 inches. Yesterday I just put this wierd elastic stuff i found in my garage around the cone filters hole to make it bigger so it would be nice and tight in the stock tube. Today i woke up and went and checked on it and it was so loose i could just pull it straight out. So i was wondering how I could get this thing in there really tight? Any help or advice would be great

PVC pipe, some teflon tape, and a hose clamp.. Just bring the 2 ends, match em up, and then seal emk real good.. WOnt look TOO shabby.. The hose clamp is of course, an option at either end :wink:

I'd say take your snorkel and cone filter to Home Depot and dig around in the plumbing section. Take some of the fittings, or pipe (maybe take a 3" coupler and a 3" length of 3" PVC or ABS jammed into the coupler) and find something that matches up to both sides. They will sell the hose clamps there. Maybe ask their plumbing "expert" to help you out...

Ok im sorry about the questions but im a n00b and im going to go to the hardware store right after i get this straight. So my stock tube is attached to a piece of 3.5 inch pvc pipe then that pvc pipe is screwed into another one that is 3 inches and that is attached to my cone filter

I was thinking you could use a 3" coupler (slip on, not threaded) and glue in a small length of 3" PVC inside the coupler. The end with the coupler would then tuck into the stock hose, and the end with just the pipe would slip into the filter. Hose clamps on both ends...

Hold on a sec, I'm at work and I have a Grainger catalog. I'll look up the parts and get you a link...