Front-Passenger side marker/signal not working...

gmrulz4u

The other day I realized that my 89 Cutlass' front-passenger side marker/signal was not working at all. So yesterday I replaced the bulb with a New one and it still is not working. It's not lighting-up or flashing at all.

I notice that when I turn my signals on to turn Right, I'm not getting that really fast clicking that I would normally get when a bulb burns out. So obviously it's not the bulb itself if it's not being picked-up by the signaling system.

I'm assuming I'll just have to do the standaring wiring checks etc., but I thought I would ask to see if there's any quicker route to figuring out what's going on.

THANKS!:)

Does the bulb light up at all (ie when you have the headlights on)?

If so, then its probably your signal light switch or flashers...

If the bulb never comes on, check to see that the connections are clean. Try some WD-40 and a toothbrush if it is corroded.

Backprobe the socket with a volt meter. Switch on the headlights and the turn signal to check for voltage. If there's voltage, then replace the socket. No voltage, check the fuses or wiring. I wouldn't suspect the signal switch if the rear signal lamp works when the front won't...