I can smell my w-body

HokemBokem

Hey all I just gave the regal an oil change about 5 days ago. I read my user manuel and it said my car could hold 4.5 quarts of oil. When filling the oil back up i accedentaly added an extra 1/4 quart. So my question is for the past few days when i step on it and begin to accelerate fast i can smell a terrible smell and i was wondering if that could be oil burning? Thanks

every 3.1L Ive driven, even low miles ones, when I would floor it in first, I would always get a little hint of oil burning for like a sec or so, then it would go away. I wouldnt worry too much, unless it smells sweet

Plugged Catalytic Converter. If your car has under 100,000 miles, the dealer has to replace it for free under the federal emissions law. If it's over 100k, then you have to pay out of pocket...

Take it in to the dealer and tell them you smell rotten eggs and you want the Catalytic Converter replaced free. If they refuse, then call your state's Attorney General. Federal law says they have to replace it if its under 100k miles...

Plugged Catalytic Converter. If your car has under 100,000 miles, the dealer has to replace it for free under the federal emissions law. If it's over 100k, then you have to pay out of pocket...

is there a age limit to that law?

Okay, I did some searching on the subject, and it turns out what I had heard before (about the mileage being 100k) was wrong. The EPA states that any car 1995 or newer has an 8 year, 80,000 mile "Design and Defect" warranty on the emissions system.

Here's the link to the EPA's write-up on the subject:

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/warr95fs.txt

Sorry for the misinformation I gave you earlier today :( ...