New Hood!!!! :D

GP1138

How can I make it look less gaudy??  

1. 1. How can I make it look less gaudy??

• Have it professionally painted!
    • Rattle-can paint it!
    • It looks fine as is!
    • SKUNK STRIEP IT!!!!11!1!11!1!!111!1!1!111!1111111!1!11 OMG WTF
    • Fix the quarter panel, d00d.
    • TAEK TEH STE BADG3 OF OR I WIL H4X0R U!!111!!!111!!1!1!1!!!!!!11!!!!!!1

Alright. As you all remember, my coupe had an unfortunate meeting with the rear end of a flatbed semi. It drove away from that accident, and is still driving today. Yesterday, it finally had the last bit of it's dignity restored.. well.. kinda. I bought a new hood for it at 5:00 PM 9/16/04. I also went out last night and bought a new digital camera at 1AM. I love Super Wal-Mart.

I also found an STE badge. I would have two, but the bottom half of the "S" in the other one was broken.

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

hood3.jpg

On a side note, the original digital camera I was going to purchase was the Canon Powershot A310. I was there looking at the camera display when a woman came over and started looking, along with a guy that seemed to know her. She was seriously looking at all the different cameras, and seemed somewhat lost. I had just done a lot of research on Epinions.com and other websites, and recommended the Canon I mentioned before, or the Kodak CX3700. She liked the Canon the best, and summoned a store jerk with keys, who determined that there was only one Canon digicam left. She took it. :evil: :evil: I ended up settling for a camera that I couldn't find any reviews on, but I know the brand pretty well, an Olympus D-395. I'm happy with it so far. I'm thinking about going to a different Wal-Mart and returning this one for the Canon, but I'm going to give it a week or so.

Oh yeah, VOTE!!!!!!

don't spend anymore money on that car by getting the hood painted, it definitely wouldn't be worth your $......FWIW: I don't like the STE badges :D

That's why I settled for a white hood. For $50 more I could have gone to a different yard and pulled a Forest Green hood. :lol: That would have at least matched better.

fix the quater panel first. than throw a b4u on that shit or an SE fron fascia... than paint it.

why would you spend that much $ on a '89 LE with a ton of miles/issues (no offense to GP1138)

Guest Anonymous

Im sppending alot of money to fix the enggine in my 92. But thats becuase i like my car so much.

maybe tthan the LE should be moved on to greener pastures and something new-er moved in?

fix the quater panel first. than throw a b4u on that shit or an SE fron fascia... than paint it.

why would you spend that much $ on a '89 LE with a ton of miles/issues (no offense to GP1138)

I like the car, and it's been good to me. I've found many many cheap ways to fix it, and I don't really have the money for much else right now. I'm really not treating it like much of anything but the beater it is. Maybe when I get the cradle bolt fixed, it'll mean more to me, but every time I go around a corner, the clunk just screams "beater!". I love the car, but I'm not going to spend more than $100 on it in one go.

I like the car, and it's been good to me.

I totally understand where you are coming from, it reminds me of my old '89 LE 3.1....looked just like yours, except I had the horrible GM paint peeling problem by the rear quarter window....

I say fix all the dents, pull the badges and have the car totally painted, not just the hood.

then put whatever badges back on it that you wanna keep.

--Dave.

You do realize that a paint job would cost exponentially more than the car is worth? :lol:

If it's that much of a beater, then I say go for the "DupliColor" treatment. Throw on 2 coats of color, then 3 coats of clear. It probably won't match the rest of the paint perfectly, but it will be pretty close. Paint'll probably set you back $30-35 bucks, tops...

If it's that much of a beater, then I say go for the "DupliColor" treatment. Throw on 2 coats of color, then 3 coats of clear. It probably won't match the rest of the paint perfectly, but it will be pretty close. Paint'll probably set you back $30-35 bucks, tops...

Now that I would consider. I still have the hood behind my dumpster in my back yard.. I'll peel off one of the paint chips and compare.