Got my baby home!!

wally05

Hey guys, tonight I finished paying off my 1990 cutty supreme and took it home, there is not one thing I hate about this car... yet, haha. So far, I just have some probs with the power windows and locks, everything else works great.

Korey

Hey guys, tonight I finished paying off my 1990 cutty supreme and took it home, there is not one thing I hate about this car... yet, haha. So far, I just have some probs with the power windows and locks, everything else works great.

Korey

you'll hate the brakes soon enough.

i'm sure you love the 5-speed though. i would

Don't worry, I know all about the brakes, and so does the guy that I bought the car from, he gave some tips on how to work on them. I just like how it drives.

Korey

if you ever find out how to get rid of brake pedal pulsation after changing all your pads, rotors, and calipers, let me know.

Don't know, but this car came with every single possible documentation on repairs, recall repairs, etc. So, I have the whole history of the car, I think I got a good buy.

PS. My brake pedal does not pulsate, and the brakes do not shake or anything... weird. I'll have to ask the guy about it.

Korey

Glad to hear you got it home. :D

Don't worry too much about the brakes. My Regal did have a warped rotor when I first got it but after it got fixed I haevn't had a brake problem since, and it's been 33,000 miles. :D

Sure, I'll get some pics of the HO quad 4, I got most of the car waxed andd such today, so it looks nice. haha, vegeta, where are located in Warsaw? I was there taking Senior pics today, actually. I was at Winona Lake for awhile. The car is in great condition except for the following things:

=rear part of headliner sagging a little

-weird starting prob (starts right up, but you have to push the clutch hard into the floorboard, has new clutch and stuff, I just noticed this prob today)

=MINOR rust spot that needs patched, but the rest is pretty new paint. no fading anywhere.

PS: Vegeta, if you see a black two door cutty supreme with white lettering on the radials, it's prolly me, haha.

-weird starting prob (starts right up, but you have to push the clutch hard into the floorboard, has new clutch and stuff, I just noticed this prob today)

Correct me if I'm wrong since I don't know much about manual-trannied cars, but isn't there some sort of actuator that has to be depressed by the clutch in order for the car to start? Maybe it's out of aligntment or something or another.

Correct me if I'm wrong since I don't know much about manual-trannied cars, but isn't there some sort of actuator that has to be depressed by the clutch in order for the car to start? Maybe it's out of aligntment or something or another.

I think you may be right, but I'm not going to mess with it until my GM service manual gets here (got one off ebay for 5 bucks, :) ). I'm going to call the original owner about it tomorrow. I'm guessing he installed it b/c he is a "home mechanic." He does all his own work.

Korey

i'm always screwing with my brakes. i can't get my pedal to stop pulsating. it won't go away.

Already told you how to get rid of this. If you have a pulsation, then you have lateral run out. if it's not the rotors, then its the mounting surfaces. Eliminate that and see what happens.

Ah, the starting thing is no biggy, just have to push hard before I turn it over. 8) The only other thing is the occasional low coolant light if I have to brake hard (some guy cut me off today), but it did stay on for awhile, so I don't know. I've read in the manual that it's normal for it to come on for a few seconds if you brake hard. I just waxed it and used tire wet and it looks sexy, I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow, my gf has my digital camera. :roll:

Korey

i'm always screwing with my brakes. i can't get my pedal to stop pulsating. it won't go away.

Already told you how to get rid of this. If you have a pulsation, then you have lateral run out. if it's not the rotors, then its the mounting surfaces. Eliminate that and see what happens.

thanks for your help in the other thread, but i'm not buying new hubs, and i'm not pulling my hubs to remove the wheel studs to grind the hubs flat. i don't have time for the bullshit this car pulls anymore.