More Lumina trouble...

conley3.1

Well, the fuel pump I put in last month didn't help at all, and today I hooked up an ALDL scanner to my car and lo and behold, it spat out 5 codes. Initial codes were

23 (MAT too low)

34 (MAF/MAP sensor too low) which I believe may have been caused by revving the engine (to get it to fucking idle)

44 O2 sensor reading lean (o2 sensor is new, BTW)

43 Electronic Spark Control failure (There is no knock sensor hooked up at all, it broke when I put in the engine and I ignored it foolishly)

66 A/C pressure sensor error

I cleared the codes, and scanned again, and only codes 43 and 44 showed up that time. So, I unplugged the intake air temperature sensor, and code 23 returned. Cleared the codes again, and plugged in the IAT, and unplugged the IAC. Now, only codes 23 and 43 showed.

The car still barely runs, I didn't try moving it at the time. Could any of these codes and problems cause the car to lurch in gear, lunging forward as the revs surge up? When you press the gas down, the car will rev up and then go back down, even if continuous pressure is kept. If the throttle is kept at that position, the revs will go up and down, up and down. Also, the cars seems to alternately idle either low and rough, or unusually high(2k+ rpms)

Can someone shed some light on this situation maybe? Anyone ever had any similar experiences?

vacuum hose on thebrake booster not hooked up/leaking? i had that problem, my hose kept slipping off. how are your brakes? if they are ok then the hose most likely is not your problem, then i would have no idea whats wrong

The brake booster hose is attached, but I can't really say for sure how the brakes are. I haven't really had a chance to try them out.

So, maybe I just have to replace all those sensors. Sucks to be broke. :evil: