Yet another Keyless Entry Post - Completed

SEiZe

Ok folks, I recently got my keyless entry remotes, but like a dumbass, I failed to see if my 2001 had the AU0 code. Of course, I would have the one that does not have the keyless entry system. I am needing to find out what all needs to be changed to get this added to my 2001 GP.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't I have to change the BCM and get a keyless receiver? If that is the case, I have the factory number for the BCM w/ keyless entry and a place I can get it. The problem is locating the factory keyless receiver, part number and place to buy it. Ohh yeah, and where its mounted from the factory.

I have read some posts about where they are mounted with cars that have antennas, but my antenna is in the rear glass. Any clues that can help me out ?

I have a brand new reciever from a 2001 Impala. part number 12451209 the Impala also has the antenna in the glass, the module I have has 3 plugs and a place to plug in an antenna. I have no Idea if it's what you need.

I called the local Pontiac dealer to see if they would be able to give me the information about the keyless entry system. To my amazment, the guy that I spoke to was able to get me all the part and numbers that I needed.

He informed me that I needed the BCM (# 10439803) and the receiver (# 10319215). So now i just gotta goto http://www.gmpartsdirect.com and get them. Anyone have the service pages on how to install it?

Right now I am wanting to keep the car factory. I have plans in the future to do more modifications to it, but right now I am just worried about the factory keyless entry and I'm not doing to bad since I have only spent $50 and got the BCM and Receiver in a kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the new BCM and receiver for the car. I learned that the BCM should be in the kick panel on the passenger side. I have yet to locate where the receiver is at in the trunk.

I figure that it mounts to a metal support since there is three plastic tabs on the receiver. I'm just unsure on where the damn thing mounts at. I know that it has to go to the antenna wire, but that wire is mounted from the top of the rear glass back under the headliner.

Anyone know where that wire runs to and where the receiver is mounted?

I have searched the net and saw some sites that say the receiver is located down by the BCM, the trunk, or behind the DIC.

Here is what the receiver looks like just in case someone has seen this damn thing. Its about 2 1/2" x 2" x 3/4". The one I am holding is a brand new one and was not taken from a car.

Front

09-27-04_2117.jpg

Back

09-27-04_2118.jpg

Tabs on back

09-27-04_2119.jpg

Images were taken with a cell phone camera, since the battery in the digital one was dead.

... ohh yeah, this is going to be a weekend project and a how-to once I am done.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I finally found out were the stupid receiver(read below) and BCM for the factory entry is located at.

Earlier today, I tore out the dash (anything that wasn't bolted down) and could not find the stupid receiver location. I found the BCM, that was the easy part. I took out the glove box and surrounding dash, i removed the front beauty dash cover and the instrument cluser, removed both knee blosters (and pressed carpet thingys). Still was unable to locate where the reciever was at.

I did locate all of the wiring harnesses that had nothing connected to them. One was a power drop, the other looks to be the steering wheel controls but no reciever connector.

I finally broke down and spent some money on the 5 day subscription to the GM service site. I researched and found the component locations. I found the drawing of the locations of the receiver in the dash. The thing is mounted in this location on the passenger side.

748015.gif

Now given, I ripped out some of my hair, went through two packs of smokes looking for this thing, and split a contact lense in my eye (don't ask). I tore out a boat load of plastic and could not find it behind the DIC, as people said it was at. The only thing I did not remove was a piece of plastic that the front defrost vent is molded into, which is 7" wide and spans from one side of the dash to the other. GM's site says it is retained only by clips and should "pop" right out. I am going to remove this tonight or tomorrow and finally get my keyless entry to work.

UPDATE:

The receiver and BCM have been installed. Only one clip was lost and its somewhere in the dash. All the creature features work except for the keyless entry, bummer. My locks unlock when car is on and in Park, lights dim correctly now, Theft deterent works but is disabled until keyless is working. Keyless should be working sometime after I wake up Sunday. Only reason the keyless is not working is that I didn't have an extra key to put in the outside keylock at the time.