vacuum trouble

regalized

ok this is the deal, i took off the plenum to replace the metal vacuum line to the brake booster, it was split, so anyways i got everything all buttoned up and now have a major vacuum leak and cannot locate it, any advice would help alot, thanks.....Regalized

new intake gaskets, i dont mean to sound stupid, but do you mean the ones right underneath the plenum? if so they looked fine , but can you not reuse them anyhow if there in ok shape?

DaveFromColorado would be so proud that you spelled vacuum right.. lol.. Seriously.. Sometimes the gaskets can appear to be ok, but have like, "micro cracks" in them.. Makin them kinfda useless..

i looked over the intake gaskets and they appeared to be fine but to be sure i had a good seal i put a very thin coating of sealant on the green rubber parts

and reused them only problem is now is my egr metal tube that hooks to the exaust is not hooked up and car doesnt want to start, could that be why?

i would have took the egr off and hooked it back up but i worked on my car yesterday from 10 am til 4 am , i did manage to get the oil pump drive seal replaced, finally, i wish i would have known how easy that was dto so before/ i would have done it alot sooner, but sorry bout the long drawn out post but any body who knows if the egr tube not being hooked up would cause the car not to run right and very hard to start, id appreciate any advice....Regalized

well i went to auto zone and got a new intake gaskets and plenum gaskets,egr gaskets and got it all put back together and the results are awesome!

thanks for yalls help.......Regalized