88/98 DIS Cutlass Supreme Compatibility

pitzel

Yeah, but its red. If you want it, 15 shipped. Ill take pics tomorrow of these parts.

Looking for Pics of an uninstalled/'bare' DIS, with preferrably, pictures of the harness.

Oldsmobile 88/98 DIS' in 1990/1991 years are a dime a dozen at the local junkyard, still in-car, with the harness, and I am trying to determine just how 'compatible' they are with the one found in the Cutlass Supreme.

They appear to look identical. The DIS in the Delta 88, 1990 is held into the dash with what would appear to be screws at the upper-right hand corner), and at the lower left hand corner, running directly perpindicular of the DIS's faceplate.

.------------**

.|%%%%|.

.|%%%%|.

Where * represent screwholes (as viewed from the front) into which phillips screws are inserted for very solid retention.

And if I am correct, these units receive all of their fuel burn data, speed, and RPM's directly from the ECU through an ALDL link. With the 88/98's using the same climate control system/headunit, the harness should be similar, so mechanical compatibility is my biggest concern at the moment (though I am prepared to flash EPROMS if necessary to 'adapt' the unit as necessary).

Thanks!

I've had a few. They're compatible for the most part. Fuel data might be inaccurate, but it works. They are a little different internally, there's no separate ROM chip. The Delta 88/98 uses an MCU with ROM onboard. The housing is the same though, so it will physically mount up and all features work.