Steering wheel buttons

EricBigNally

I noticed tonight that the left side of my radio controls on my steering wheel don't light up at night. Why aren't they working. The buttons still work fine but the light is out and it annoys me because I like the way they look. How can I fix it and is it going to be very expensive?

You need a new bulb man. I like how you can goto the store and buy four GE light bulbs for like $1.50 but it costs anywhere from $2.00 - $5.00 for just one of our bulbs at AutoZone. WTF? :roll:

i just finished changing those the other day. i also recently change the head unit bulb. http://web.archive.org/web/20040109193102/http://doghouse/2y.net/gtp/steeringcontrols/

its kind of a pia to change them in the swc's. be patient. i didnt pay attention to how they put the bulb in, i just put it in with the filament facing like they were originally (you'll see what i mean)

edit: sorry the link didnt work but im working on it. looks like im gonna have to scan the print off i did. it just worked last week. wtf? same thing happened to the writeup i used for the head unit

I mounted mine directly under the radio. It works like a charm!

i wish i could do that but i had to settle for a pos jvc head that you have to have it directly in front of it for it to work. my clarion i had crapped out and best buy quit selling them, so i didnt want any of the crap they had there but i had to pick one so i got a jvc. big mistake