is it a expensive leaf blower

maybe2fast

Well that thing flows 150CFM and the 3.4 flows ~400CFM at redline. So unless you have a very small engine it isn't going to do jack.

EDIT: The 3.4 would actually flow around 340CFM at redline. That's assuming an 80% VE.

Well that thing flows 150CFM and the 3.4 flows ~400CFM at redline. So unless you have a very small engine it isn't going to do jack.

if both your numbers(probable) and his numbers(doubtful) are correct , wouldn't adding ~37% more air help performance?......although I could be an idiot too....it wouldn't be the first time....

if both your numbers(probable) and his numbers(doubtful) are correct , wouldn't adding ~37% more air help performance?......although I could be an idiot too....it wouldn't be the first time....

That's what I was thinking..

It would help, but to a point. once the engine wants more than 150CFM that leafblower will start to create a restriction.

150CFM on a 3.4 is about 3000 rpm. So under that it would actually help a little. But after 3000 rpm it's usless and will start to cause a loss in power.

It would help, but to a point. once the engine wants more than 150CFM that leafblower will start to create a restriction.

150CFM on a 3.4 is about 3000 rpm. So under that it would actually help a little. But after 3000 rpm it's usless and will start to cause a loss in power.

the way I read it was that it created 150CFM (highly doubtful, but that is his claim), so in theory you should add that 150CFM to what is already being taken in, correct???

all that thing is is a squirl cage blower like most cars have in their heater boxes. It will help a little, but not enough to make it worth what they are asking for it. If you look hard enough thru jcwhitney, you'll find something simular to that for Volswagons for their heaters..... lol

Looks like a vaccum to me. I'd say that besides being a restriction to the intake it probably couldn't make any boost and most likely wouldn't improve overall performance. It may help at low rpm by improving air/fuel mixing but other than that it'd be a waste of money.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sonyman87 has an eRam "electronic supercharger" on his LQ1 Lumina, along with some other things, and he ran a 15.1 1/4.

But that's not an eRam, that's a generic one. I don't think it could move enough air to properly feed the engine above like, 4000 rpms. It would probably just be a restriction past that point.

that type of thing has been around for a while. i swear i read somewhere on a forum or something that a guy bought one and did dyno runs. he gained a whopping 1 HP! :shock: :lol: whoo hoo im gonna go buy one!