cutlass digital dash help

brianteel

what i am looking for is how to get the thing to light up. there has been issues aftet the wiring is done it does not work at all. The tach, does it not use the same information as the analog type dash. does it use a signal from the ICM?

Check the pinouts and make sure you have it wired correctly.

I've had no problems firing up a Cutlass digital gauges cluster on the floor of my spare bedroom, so there's not anything special that it needs. Just power and ground to the right pins. Be aware that the pinouts for the digital cluster nowhere resembles that of the analog cluster. Almost every wire has to be moved.

No, it does NOT get the tach signal from the ICM. It gets it from the ALDL.

I'm not sure why the big difference in pinouts and where they get the tach signal, but that seems to be the case with all digital clusters made by Nippon Denso.

I havent even lit mine up yet!! LOL! I might do that today.. How would I go about it? I have the harness plug if I should just Strip the power and the ground.. Use a wall oputlet?

i am not adding the cluster in to the car. i am doing a swap in cutlass that has one and i want to make sure i can get it working. I saw the pinouts do you have the corrisponding circuit numbers. that would be even bigger help. do you also have the pinouts for the C100 connector on the firewall

I don't have either available to me right now at work.

I might have them at home, but I'd have to check.

If this is an L67 swap you're talking about, the tach will not, and cannot work.

Only 2 ways I know of to make it work.

1. Piggyback the old ECM and feed it just the minimum inputs it needs to convert the ICM signal to ALDL data.

2. Build a custom microcontroller that converts the ICM signal to ALDL data. I know of one person who has done this, goes by "*********" on the forum.

I havent even lit mine up yet!! LOL! I might do that today.. How would I go about it? I have the harness plug if I should just Strip the power and the ground.. Use a wall oputlet?

I hope you're not asking if you should run your dash of house power, are you???? 12v devices don't take well to 120v, so that'd be a no.

well reflect on this

If you are in a crowd at a concert/show/whatever and each person in that crowd has a name tag how many people would be interested in finding more about you or in the worse case decide to stalk you?

What about if you are brought on stage?

thx for making me look like an obnoxious and unsociable freak for no reason

all this thread ended up being about me?!

For everyone who reads it, I'm a very non important person, ignore me!!

Brian and Shawn, msg them for all your w-body needs, they know it all!