My search for Gauge swap info.

KingArthur

Did a search but didn't find the answer to my question. I kept finding info on mostly oldmobile dash. I have a 92 Lumina with plain instrument gauges. I wanted to put in the Euro gauges that have the tach, oil volt, water, and etc.

My question is: Can the swap be done and What do I need to change to get the gauges to work in my car?

is it really that easy? I had one of these clusters sittin here, ready to put into my old 90 lumina but I didn't because I couldn't find any wiring harness information

BLAH!

--Dave.

SOme wiring needs to be changed.. I can get the 4 pages of Cluster diagrams from a 92.. I used them for my 90 and the wiring is pretty much the same from 90-94.. Just minus the water temp wire if you have the voltometer..

get a cluster and plug it in and boom, as far as I know??????

Not exactly that easy. Every wire except for the the high beam indicator, I think, needs to be changed. The pinouts on the base cluster and the gages cluster are completely different. I listed the pinouts on here back some time ago.

you will also need a temperature sender, a oil psi sender if cluster has oil psi.

what year cluster are you tring to use?

I'm wanting to use the gauge cluster from the within the same year, 90-93. I trying to get parts car from a lady, its a 92 Euro Lumina with a 3.1.

Here is a link to the pinouts that I typed out back some time ago. Hope this helps and I was wrong about the high beam indicator, it's the Coolant temp indicator that doesn't move, all the rest do.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5684&highlight=lumina+instrument

That was perfect. The write up was just what I needed... Thanks