Mad Max/SCC STi Treatment

Canada

Anybody have the recent issue of Sport Compact Car? They painted a WRX STi flat black...swapped on a non-STi trunk lid (no spoiler)....did a pretty good job, for what it is.

Someone in the Beretta world also got the same idea........

http://www.gccshows.com/Beretta/DSC01559.JPG

I've always kinda had the idea of painting a car flat black after seeing SCC's 240/Silivia not slow car.......then the STi came.....and now that Beretta.

I mean.....the paint on this Grand Prix is already fucked......

Grand%20Prix%20008.jpg

Grand%20Prix%20007.jpg

Grand%20Prix%20004.jpg

Grand%20Prix%20003.jpg

Fuck bling.

The current paint is simply the orginal paint..............its 14 years old.............its gonna be faded. I'm simply thinking of doing this until I'm done with the turbocharging stuff......then......proper paint.

Again.....the only reason I am thinking of doing this is because its better than what is currently on the car....plus, then I can say I did it.

Anyone else see the new issue of SCC?

I got that issue and read all about it. It looks cool, except the rattle can leaves shitty spray lines wherever you spray. :( If you look at the doors on that STi, it's terrible! Plus, 22 cans of paint? Good god! That's like $50! :lol:

I'll trade you my wing-free trunklid for your winged trunklid--plus, I'll throw in a half-empty can of flat black spray paint I have in the garage. 8)

well ill say it once and ill say it again flat black will rule the day..... i have had the olds flat black for the past 6 months because i wanted a uniform color. i say this because i would have what looks like an explosion in a skittle factory if i didnt have it covered in about 4 thick coats of krylon ultra flat black

I'll trade you my wing-free trunklid for your winged trunklid--plus, I'll throw in a half-empty can of flat black spray paint I have in the garage. 8)

Come to Ames and we can swap them. Seriously.

People are pretty two sided on this..........I'm surprised...........poeple either LOVE it or HATE it.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 27 minutes Total Est. Distance: 226.18 miles

I'll have to think about--too bad it would be impossible to ship them back and forth because both cars would have an open trunk! :lol:

Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 27 minutes Total Est. Distance: 226.18 miles

I'll have to think about--too bad it would be impossible to ship them back and forth because both cars would have an open trunk! :lol:

Hey now, I drove 30 minutes to the junkyard with no hood!

Just paint it like the general lee and put straight pipes on it...like my buddy's truck...people look at you wherever you go, and its fun as hell!

BTW, the truck is an '88 Dakota 4 banger

I would just leave the nasty looking stock paint alone

I personally really like it. I think it looks pretty bad ass with flat black and no wing. They should put black wheels on it, too. Also, they did a coilover suspension swap, and in that issue there was also a 91 Golf 5 door hatch with a 4.6 Northstar in it... FWD. It's crazy.