I just got ffp chip today

BlackendZ34

I got my FFP chip in and it looks wierd, its got a plug at the bottom like a IDE cable and on the top it has about 2 rows of pins is this the right chip?

the one in my car looks differnet but which should i unhook the negative or positive on the battery?

Im taking the stuff apart right now so ill keep on the board til i find out what to do next.

the new chips have some kind of adaptor or something, they're not just chips that plug in the same way the memcal chips do. should be something about it on their website.

This sux , i emailed michael before i staretd it up and he said I had to have the stock chip attached to the new chip , SO NOW i have it all out again.

Im waiting for him to email me back to figure out which side is the right side to plug in the old chip grrr

Chip works great, shifts more agressivally and idles nicely now,

Also seems to not have that idle issue where the car amost sounds like its about to cut off

ohh and some turbo eclipse 95ish is crying itself to sleep cuz it couldnt keep up he he

BlackenedZ

So i absolutely need to change my timing belt when i get this chip?

As much fun as that sounds I dont think i have that kind of money :(

where did you hear that?

Negative cable.

It doesnt really matter which one gets disconnected........its so when your wrench is swing on the positive stud and you accidently make contact with ground you don't spark and weld your wrench to the car......causing catastrophic battery melt down.