NooB question about guage cluster.

Tirefryr

Okay, I've done all the searching, read all the stickys and I still haven't come up with anything so here goes. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything.

Anyways....... I have an '89 Cutty Supreme with the digital dash. I am looking into changing the guage illumination color to a green. Can someone tell me the typ of backlighting that is used in these panels. I am trying to do as much research as I can before tearing it apart as I know they are problematic and rather expensive to replace.

Thanks to anyone whom can help!!

Ryan

Okay, I've done all the searching, read all the stickys and I still haven't come up with anything so here goes. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything.

Anyways....... I have an '89 Cutty Supreme with the digital dash. I am looking into changing the guage illumination color to a green. Can someone tell me the typ of backlighting that is used in these panels. I am trying to do as much research as I can before tearing it apart as I know they are problematic and rather expensive to replace.

Thanks to anyone whom can help!!

Ryan

I already asked about that. It seems it's not backlit, it's luminescent or something. UB3 gurus, anyone?

It's a teal color. I'd like it to be green.

All Liquid crystal displays need some typ of lighting. If it is electro, I'm not even going to mess with it.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Ryan

Lucky for you, the LCD actually lights up green! W0wzors!! So take the dash out, remove the clear cover, then remove the aqua filter, use a gray tint of some sort on the clear cover (otherwise you'll see the LCD in it's purest form- "Ass") reassemble and you're g0lden.

Lucky for you, the LCD actually lights up green! W0wzors!! So take the dash out, remove the clear cover, then remove the aqua filter, use a gray tint of some sort on the clear cover (otherwise you'll see the LCD in it's purest form- "Ass") reassemble and you're g0lden.

"Ass"? Is this similar to the colour on the GP cluster? I'd love to have a UB3 in my car that matches the rest of the lighting in my interior.

How can you get from green to a blue or purple. My UB3 is very bright, especially at night. Might a blue filter be deep enough in color to overcome the green? Or is there a color subtraction that might clear out the green?