Z34 overheating

Guest Disturbed

Guest Disturbed

My 92 z34 has had heating problems. The fans don't turn on correctly. I just replaced one fan motor and the coolant temp sensor. Once the engine reaches the temp where the fans should kick on, they don't. The only way it kcomes on is if I turn the air conditioner on, and then only the #1 fan turns on (drivers side). The upper rad hose does get hot, so I'm sure the thermo is fine. Also, before I replaced the burnt out #1 motor, the #2 fan did turn on with the a/c, but since the waterpump and sensor has been replaced, its not. The relays are good.

humm... I'd jump the terminal to see if the fan even turns on - if it does, then I'd start following wires to see if any have fallen out, come loose, broken that type of thing.

--Dave.

the computer or chip......my fan was turning on and staying on. So I changed the chip and computer at the same time and one of the two fixed the problem. (but I would only do that if its a last resort or if u have an extra one laying around)

i've got an extra computer, but what chip?

There are four bolts/screws on the computer that hold a panel on.....if you take those out and remove the panel you will find a blue computer chip. You can buy reprogrammed ones to control fuel mapping, egr, etc. But if you have a different computer all together.....just switch them out.