painted, seats swapped and lowered.

J

this is what i got done last weekend, swapped in the charcoal gp seats (94) thanks chris, lowered it ST springs and painted the woodgrain white. I noticed my struts are already bad, WTF theyt have been in the car a year! This was ac delco shit too. Anyone else have this problem with their struts? Thanks Jay

pics next week!

How much of a drop did you notice after you installed the ST's? Also, I was wondering, when you changed your springs, did you notice if the springs had the rubber "donut" isolators on them? When I changed struts on my old Grand Am, the springs had them, but since you don't need to remove the whole knuckle on the W's to change struts, I have no idea whether or not the springs have the isolators on them. If they do, I need to find a set of new ones (probably dealer only?) I'm strongly leaning towards getting the ST springs for the front, and I want to replace the strut mounts and isolators when I have the old springs out (not to mention the strut cartridges...) Thanks...

this is what i got done last weekend, swapped in the charcoal gp seats (94) thanks chris, lowered it ST springs and painted the woodgrain white. I noticed my struts are already bad, WTF theyt have been in the car a year! This was ac delco shit too. Anyone else have this problem with their struts? Thanks Jay

pics next week!

I just swapped in a full set of charcoal 94 GTP seats into my cutty yesterday! Mine have the armrest with the passthrough, what are yours? and if you don't mind, how much did they cost? thanks!

YK

don't remember what i paid. the drop is about 2 inches. but now my right rear coilover is making all kinds of noise. yes you have to remove the knuckle to lower the pre 95's. it did have the rubber boot on it. later jay

I would check the welds on the shocktower. The shocktowers aren't designed to hold the wieght of the car on the 1st gens.

Wrong.

Jay, I'm sure that the spring just came out of alignment. It has happened to mine a few times... just jack it up and re-center the spring on the collar. 8)

You laugh, but have you seen how much Grand Waggys go for on ebay? People are nuts for them, they're a total time capsule. You could see a '62 and a '92 going down the road and they would look pretty similar.