tloftus

Hey guys, nothing too exciting but if anyone wants a write-up I'll throw something together.

First of all it's a 89 Cutlass Supreme 3.1.

Mod 1. Dual Headlight Mod -- made it so when I have my brights on the regular lights stay on instead of switching between the two. Real bright - pretty cool.

Mod 2. Radio On Until Door Open -- I know that this is factory on some Buicks and Cadilacs, maybe even some of these W-Bodies, but the radio stays on after you shut the car off until you open a door. I'm still looking into hooking it into the power windows too so they can be rolled up after the car is turned off.

Also, got my DIS today, pretty wicked, now I just need the bezel so I can mount it, otherwise, awesome.

Will get some pics of my Cutty up soon.

Tom

Mod 2. Radio On Until Door Open -- I know that this is factory on some Buicks and Cadilacs, maybe even some of these W-Bodies, but the radio stays on after you shut the car off until you open a door. I'm still looking into hooking it into the power windows too so they can be rolled up after the car is turned off.
Nice! I think all new GM's have that feature, BTW. What vehicle did you score the module from and how exactly did you hook it up? Sounds like one of those "add-ons" that you can't live without :D !!!

Nice! I think all new GM's have that feature, BTW. What vehicle did you score the module from and how exactly did you hook it up? Sounds like one of those "add-ons" that you can't live without :D !!!

That's awsome, I love cars that do that.

Mod 1. Dual Headlight Mod -- made it so when I have my brights on the regular lights stay on instead of switching between the two. Real bright - pretty cool.

I'd love a detailed write-up of that mod. :)

I'll see if I can get both written up this weekend. Does anyone update the main w-body page anymore? I think if someone does something like this it should be on the main page for everyone. Anyway, both mods just use relays it's no big deal really, I'll get a write up done this weekend.

Tom

p.s. If whoever runs this site reads this, I'd like to help "revive" the main w-body page with some new info!

Does anyone update the main w-body page anymore? I think if someone does something like this it should be on the main page for everyone. If whoever runs this site reads this, I'd like to help "revive" the main w-body page with some new info!
I've tried asking that before in regards to my turn signal switch replacement "procedure" to no avail. I just posted the document to my webpage and linked to it in my signature.

BTW, I'm looking forward to your write-ups!