water pump gakset?

no1kicker

I used RV sealant stuff WITH my gasket when I changed the waterpump... that biatch will NEVER leak!! :lol:

isn't that the location of the thermostat too?

No but I there is a bleeder screw on top of that on my 3100 (I forget about my 2.8)

How is high temp silicone a hack job? The stuff is indestructable and will never leak and it looks fine if aplied with some care? So why not use it if you've got it laying around as most of us do?

Guest TurboSedan

because the gasket is really cheap anyway, and it is simply the right way to do it. if you feel comfortable using just silicone be my guest :)

btw, i like your sig, my Lebaron would embarass you hardcore :P didn't mean to hurt your feelings calling your gasket 'fix' a hack job lol.

the gasket's called coolant bypass hose gasket, or something to that effect. I just replaced mine 3 weeks ago. I'll take a quick look in the manual tomorrow.

Is it this??

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_results_product_detail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=15587842&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid=85410589

NAPA Gaskets Water By-Pass Gasket ($1.99)

(NAPA item # NGAC31326) same part # for 1990 3.1 as well as a 95 3100..

or

NAPA Gaskets Water Outlet Gasket (?)

Item#: NGAC30820

How is high temp silicone a hack job? The stuff is indestructable and will never leak and it looks fine if aplied with some care? So why not use it if you've got it laying around as most of us do?

BULLSHIT!!!!! I have had that stuff blow out on me so many times it isn't funny. I used to think that way too. I used to useit on thermostat housings and water pumps untill i noticed that after 6 months or so, i'd start seeing a leak. Use the correct gasket. They make and sell them for a reason.

Is it this??

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_results_product_detail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=15587842&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid=85410589

NAPA Gaskets Water By-Pass Gasket ($1.99)

(NAPA item # NGAC31326) same part # for 1990 3.1 as well as a 95 3100..

that's it. my reciept shows that part number.

btw, i like your sig, my Lebaron would embarass you hardcore :P

Perhaps in straight line acceleration you'd kick my ass, but I believe as soon as we hit corners you'd eat those words. Lebarons have the structural rigidity of chocolate pudding and the handling to match.