DIC Install Pics

tloftus

Does anyone have pics of their Driver Info. Center install? I have one on the way but don't have the "correct" install spot in my '89 Cutlass (under the ashtray). Looking for some ideas on where to put the thing!

Thanks!

Tom

Does anyone have pics of their Driver Info. Center install? I have one on the way but don't have the "correct" install spot in my '89 Cutlass (under the ashtray). Looking for some ideas on where to put the thing!

Thanks!

Tom

make it simple and buy the correct dash piece from a yard....

Whats the deal with always calling out the different acronyms? I can't see how 'info system' and 'info center' can be completely different things. I know they do different things throughout the models, but the references sound to be the same type of item.

Its because GM in their infinate wisdom wrote Driver Information System on the cutty models.. lol.. Pontiac always called things w/ a car outline a Driver Information Center.. Who knows.. Just goes to show what happens when the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing..

Whats the deal with always calling out the different acronyms? I can't see how 'info system' and 'info center' can be completely different things. I know they do different things throughout the models, but the references sound to be the same type of item.

we were just trying to find out it he was trying install the GP DIC into the cutlass, which would obviously be more involved then installing a DIS would be

we were just trying to find out it he was trying install the GP DIC into the cutlass, which would obviously be more involved then installing a DIS would be

I know.. I'm just saying that it is always called out. I think Pontiac called the 94-96 ones a Trip Computer, so we could throw that one in there and confuse things up a little more :wink:

I know.. I'm just saying that it is always called out. I think Pontiac called the 94-96 ones a Trip Computer, so we could throw that one in there and confuse things up a little more :wink:

DAMN YOU SUPREME STYLE!! :lol:

Okay then -- it's a DIS from a cutty, going into a cutty. :) I may have to go junkin to find the bezel unless someone here has it laying around in maroon. :)

Why not get fresh with a Dremmel on your dash? lmao.. Ill keep ym eyes open.. There may be one I know of at a yard here actually..

Thanks!

Tom

here's where it's supposted to go

IMAG0012a.jpg

btw, i need that dash panel in black/graphite.

i know somebody has access to one.

btw, i need that dash panel in black/graphite.

You mean you're not gonna spray paint it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've found quite a few in maroon and blue, but i haven't found one in black.