Pulling left at high speeds.

tloftus

Hey guys,

I've got a suspension / steering problem and I'm not sure where to start. My car seems to go straight ahead with no pulls until I get up to about 60 - 65 MPH then it starts pulling to the left. At first I thought it was the crown of the road, but I slowed to about 55 and it was fine. I just got it lined up when I got it a couple of months ago. Tire pressures are fine. Any other ideas!?

Thanks!

Tom

I don't think it's a matter of alignment, maybe they missed something but when it goes on the alignment machine they don't crank the wheels to 70 MPH I'm sure. I'll do some research on what to do about "radial flex". Thanks.

Sounds like they didn't do a very good job aligning it.

I don't think alignment would have anything to do with it....I had the same thing happen when I put a set of 315/35/17s on my '99 Camaro.....it was fine with the stock rims, but pulled to the right when I went over 80mph with the new rims/tires....I had the new tires/rims rebalanced and all was well....

How old are the tires? If they aren't brand new, then they could be worn improperly. Considering you just had the car aligned, maybe the tires wore improperly before you had the alignment done. Usually after you rotate the tires and get an alignment done, the tires will wear back to where they should be (in due time,) assuming you have enough tread left on them to begin with. If the tires are brand new, then take it back and have them double check the alignment (and the whole suspension for that matter) just to be sure...

The tires are a couple of years old, but wearing okay and still have decent tread -- I see where your coming from with it being out of alignment and kind of having to "retread" back to even wear -- the car had an engine cradle bolt missing when I got it so I know it was WAY out of alignment. I guess I'll give it some time to see if it levels out at all. Hopefully that's all it is. I got the tires rotated and balanced last week and they didn't say anything about a bent rim or anything.

Tom