noise from rear of 96 gtp

J

today my woman called me and said her car is "going to fall apart" i laughed and then drove it. The car makes a noise (not constant) like the noise of my coilovers when i lowered my lumina. I said oh it's the spring seating itself, DUH! she doesn't have coilovers, so i am stumped. I am at school in my apt and have no toolds up here to take a look at it. CAn anyone give me any ideas? it's sort of a metallic spring sound. It's NOT the brakes. I bounced the car and heard nothing. Thanks in advance guys. Jay

It only does it when the brakes are applied and it's not the brakes? Something isn't adding up here. I'd first try sanding the rear pads and roughing up the rotors, that gets rid of a lot of brake noise. We do it all the time when people come in for warranty brake noise after it rains. :roll:

It only does it when the brakes are applied and it's not the brakes? Something isn't adding up here. I'd first try sanding the rear pads and roughing up the rotors, that gets rid of a lot of brake noise. We do it all the time when people come in for warranty brake noise after it rains. :roll:

When those rubber bushings on the rear leaf went out on my car, it would only groan under braking.. bumps wouldn't do it.

This isn't related to braking, but when I still had the original 14-year old struts in back, they would rattle and clunk over every bump I hit. Replacing the struts and mounts fixed the prob.