What cleaner should i use for my dash?

Smoke1991

We all know armorol just makes those wonderfull cutlass dashboard warp.. People told me lexol but that shit doesent give any gloss or bring back the color...

Im looking for a cleaner that wont warp my dash and that doesent cost as much as the lexol stuff (9 bucks a bottle) i was thinking of black magic or somthing... i dont know about turtlewax..

any suggestions?

happy labor day! :o

I'd stick with Lexol if I were you. The stuff isn't expensive for shits n giggles, it actually works without looking greasy and coming off on your hands. If your dead set against Lexol just stay away from anything with silicones in it.

Armorol is just considered bad because its petroleum based, so its not the best to get on your skin and isn't that great for most plastics. Plus unless you like a super shiny high gloss plastic look (kinda like polishing little tikes toys) the stuff kind of sucks.

You should stay away from silicone based products becuase while they do shine things up good they're in general horribly abrasive and/or caustic to plastics.

Babby oil works good for this purpose. it will bring back the finish in even the most waisted of surfaces.

I'm 99% sure that baby oil is petroleum based, as I've gone to tanning salons and they say not to use it..

Soap & water works best. :wink:

Shine is what makes interiors look plasticky and cheap. There is a reason you don't find shiny plasticky looking dashes in a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. Not to mention it glares on the windshield and is very annoying.

Only thing good about the shine is it covers up scratches pretty good.

Now where can I find some protectant that hides scratches and actually gives the dash a more matte finish like a car with a non-cheapo plastic interior?