The Cutlass might be going bye bye

Dannymik

i know that there is a plastic piece that breaks, but not sure what its called...my neighbor said something to me about it. cheap GM design! :roll:

This guy just contacted me and had it dynoed awhile ago. He claims that it will produce 280- 300 hp's with the upgraded cam and headers.

Go for it! When I get some cash, I'm ditching my Cutty for one of the Supercharged Ws, and I'll probably ditch my Blazer for another one too, or just ditch the Blazer and get a SC Wbody and keep my Cutty.

i've always liked how your car looks danny...i'm just curious...

how much mileage is on it now...maybe i can upgrade depending on the mileage? i do have 3 grand in the bank right now but i was going to be spending $1,000 of it on spring break.

i've always liked how your car looks danny...i'm just curious...

how much mileage is on it now...maybe i can upgrade depending on the mileage? i do have 3 grand in the bank right now but i was going to be spending $1,000 of it on spring break.

My Cutlass just hit 84K this morning. It has a few spots that developed surface rust, but for an 10 yr old(yes '95's are now 10 yrs old) the paint is still very glossy. The funny part of it all is that if I sold my Cutlass I was going to ask 3K for it. It has a new heater core, gas tank, new rear struts and mounts, fuel filter, yr old battery, new driverside tierod, oil always changed every 2K-2.5K miles, 4 month old rear rotors...yr old rear pads, and I dropped the tranny pan last fall and changed the filter. The coolant was flushed last year at a local valvoline. I also swapped the cloth interior over to leather last summer(Turby's old seats), but the driver side seat is worn. I might keep the Cutlass considering I wouldn't want to drive that GTP everyday. I figure the Cutlass is good for another 100K.

I seriously would not sell your cutty man. I paid $4800 for mine with >15k so according to you guys i could get like 10k for it...but it isn't going anywhere anyway.

You'll enjoy the GP for a while but eventually you'll want the cutlass back if you sell it. The GP just doesn't have the same charachter or uniqueness that a CS coupe has

You'll enjoy the GP for a while but eventually you'll want the cutlass back if you sell it. The GP just doesn't have the same charachter or uniqueness that a CS coupe has

:werd:

Too many people have 2nd gen GPs, but you can't deny the power that's for sure.

I know...I love the power but my mom has a '97 GT and the thing is nowhere near as infectious of a car to drive as a CS in my opinion. I love how people still think my CS coupe is a new car and its 11 yrs old.

Plus...The legroom is better in a cs, as is the rear seat, as is the trunkspace, no gp had a fold down backseat, and the CS is lower to the ground and has better visability and ride quality but doesn't give anything up in handling.

and did i mension the CS bucket seats are more comfortable?

I spent a lot of time in both cars so these aren't baseless claims

My brother has a 96 Cutty Supreme SL coupe, dark blue, nice wheels, 3.1 and I love that freaking car! I've seen the GTP's and I personally just like the look of a Supreme coupe. But one of the other guys is right, you cannot deny 300 hp. and it looks freaking awesome. The painted calipers with the rims is a nice combo. It's up to you, man. The GTP has the speed, but I think you'd miss the comfort of the Cutty definately. If you can keep your cutty and buy it, hell ya, go for it!

Korey

Let me speak from experiance. I went from a 96 cutlass coupe to a 2000 gtp sedan. The cloth seats in the cutlass were more comfortable. Ride quality is about the same between the two. Interior space is about the same as well as the trunk space. I did like that the cutlass' backseat folds all the way down, not like the tiny pass through in the gp. I like the interior in the gp better, more goodies. (hud, dic, heated seat, sunroof, etc...) That gtp looks fucking awesome! You won't be disapointed.

BTW: I really wish I could have kept my cutlass but it was not possible to have both.

I like the interior in the gp better, more goodies. (hud, dic, heated seat, sunroof, etc...) That gtp looks fucking awesome! You won't be disapointed.

..... you are comparing apples to oranges by comparing a 1G to a 2G interior.....

....Danny, that GTP is very nice, if the price is right I say get it....

thanks for the opinions guys! When dealing with a internet sale you have to be very careful. I believe documented material is a comforting factor, because pictures only show so much. I agree with the seats in the Cutty being more comfortable. I do like the GP interiors! I will feel honored to own that GTP...very sharp looking W :P