The Cutlass might be going bye bye

Dannymik

Well its been 6yrs since I purchased my '95 Cutlass and some of you may know that I've been itching for a different ride. I went out today looking for cars and checked out a few. They were all Grand Prix's ranging from '98-'02 model GT's. I really want a GTP, but there no where to be found locally here in Buffalo. The Prix's that I looked at today were dark green, that sweet medium blue, and my possibly my favorite the dark metallic blue. Since I have no kids coupes are my interest, but the sedans are just as nice. The one that I really have my eyes on is at a huge GM dealer which worries me on the price. Its a 2002 Prix GT, with a hair under 27K on her. It comes with a moonroof, cloth interior, the polished twisted looking wheels, 4 new tires, and a K&N air filter was installed(wippie). I found the car on there website listed at $14995 which I would never pay. The KBB is $14125 so I know that there is room for negotiating. I really hate to do this, but I might just trade the Cutlass in, because selling her privately is a pain in the ass. Unless someone in here would love to own her? Here's the picture of the Prix from the website

2002GT.jpg

Now what do my w-body peeps think is a fair price to offer? If they are open tomorrow then I'll be down there...if not then maybe Tuesday after work.

Also here's the link to there sitehttp://www.jimball.net/

Gt looks pretty good. I think your going to kick your own ass if you want a gtp and don't get it. Might have to look a little farther away but i'm sure you could find one.

If you want the gt still use the fact that it doesn't have leather and whatever else it doesn't have.

Price I got for one fully loaded:

$14,541

I would talk them down to at least $13,500.

Gt looks pretty good. I think your going to kick your own ass if you want a gtp and don't get it. Might have to look a little farther away but i'm sure you could find one.

If you want the gt still use the fact that it doesn't have leather and whatever else it doesn't have.

Price I got for one fully loaded:

$14,541

I would talk them down to at least $13,500.

I agree on what your saying about kicking my self in the ass about a GTP vs. a GT, but it will be my everyday driver, insurance cost, and the cost of the all ready inflated gas prices for that matter (since the GTP uses premium).

Its going to be a tough decision no matter how I look at it.

Atleast your going 2 door! Anyways, I bet you could really get some money out of your Cutlass, but not from a dealer though. If I were you, I would go ahead and put a for sale sign in the Cutlass and drive around with it in it, phone number and all. People see that the car is in good driving condition, there more apted to buy it. Also, advertise in the newspaper and autotrader.com. I bet you will get more than what you think you may.

I thought about selling it slick, but like I mentioned before that its a PITA and I really haven't thought about a asking price. Not that theres much to think about, but I will have to see what the dealers will trade it in for. I'm thinking $1500-$2000? This car might be in the for sale section very soon if I'm offended :roll: !

man that color is soo hot!! only downsides are no P along with the GT, and no leather. but i wouldnt trade your cutty in to the dealer, because you could probably get lots more for it if you sold it privately. when we sold our van, we got like an extra 1200 from selling it privately instead of trading it in.

man that color is soo hot!! only downsides are no P along with the GT, and no leather. but i wouldnt trade your cutty in to the dealer, because you could probably get lots more for it if you sold it privately. when we sold our van, we got like an extra 1200 from selling it privately instead of trading it in.

The leather is indeed nicer looking and little comfier than the cloth, but thats not a big deal to me...the P bugs me a little more. Like Chris said I would want about 3K for the car...which is the amount I originally thought of BTW.

well I looked & test drove a few GT's today and came home with nothing. 90% of the dealerships were closed which sucks, but this one had 2 nice GT's. They were both '01's...one black(coupe) and the other red(sedan with the special edition appearance package). The red one was loaded with the 2 tone leather seats, HUD, nice audio system(Bose?), sliding sunroof, nascar style spoiler, and more. This one had 38K on the clock, but I really want to stay away from a 4door GT(they wanted like 15K for it and its a damn '01). The black GT was cloth, nice audio(Bose), sliding sunroof, and power drivers seat. I drove this baby for about 35 miles before I returned it so me and the sales guy could get down to business. They were asking $14495 for there Labor Day blowout price...whatever! After a bunch of back and forth bullshit the price dipped down to $12,800 and they were offering me $1500 for my '95 Cutlass. I will have to check the kbb on the '01 GT's. I really want a GTP which is making this a very difficult decision. I have a couple more to view tomorrow so I'll keep you all in touch!

Personally, I think you would regret selling your cutlass, regardless of how much you like the GP's.

My mom has a '97 GP GT...and well its got some cool shit on it and the 3800 is really nice running (her's has hud, leather, the whole shit except the GTP package)...everyone in our family agrees that the '94 Cutlasses (both mine and my sister's) are nicer to drive on the highway.

Let me just start off by saying that I hate working out deals with dealerships. They treat you like you have no morals and they feed you BS lines and rob you on your trade in. The most I got offered for the Cutlass is $1500. The '02 GT that I drove tonight(which is the one in the above picture at the top) was very nice, felt very quick, and I would love to buy it. Problem is that they wouldn't go under $13900, they were giving me $1500 for the trade in. I told the guy to have a good night and that I would call him Thursday. I might try to land a GTP privately as there are a bunch on club gp right now. I have my eyes on a '01 coupe, black, and all the bells and whistles.

Dude you can get way over 3 for her. I took mine back to the place I bought it and just asked the guy what he'd give me for it and he said 3 and I only payed 2,300 for it.

wish i lived where you live then. used cars around here arn't worth SHIT

don't aim lower for the GT

get the GTP you know you want it, so don't wait for it.

and yeah, keep the year over 2000

or hell dish i tall out and buy an 04 GTX

anyway....find a GTP already

Gtp is what I'm after and privately is the only way I could find any. I'm negotiating with a guy from Michigan right now, but we aren't close enough yet!

Check it out...'99 GTP w/ 38K

99GTP.jpg

i gotta make the domestic rice call here

hell no, don't judge this GTP by a damn hood and aftermarket grills. There's over 8K in mods on this car in which its a mix of show and lots of go! you can say whatever you want, but I like it more this way than stock.

i gotta make the domestic rice call here

hell no, don't judge this GTP by a damn hood and aftermarket grills. There's over 8K in mods on this car in which its a mix of show and lots of go! you can say whatever you want, but I like it more this way than stock.

didn't know that

all i saw was the picture