How rare is this Cutlass Supreme?

wally05

I've been told that a 1990 2dr. Black Cutlass Supreme: 180hp HO quad 4 with 5 speed manual tranny is a decently rare car. Is this true? It has the crosslace wheels, "more advanced" (Don't know name for it) digital display, etc. It's in awesome condition, new paint, all recall stuff fixed, A/C works great, power windows/locks, new exhaust/breaks,etc. I was just curious. Oh yeah, Nice to meet all you. My old car was a 96 hp 5 speed sunbird, so this car is a little bit of a change. I'm going from jbodies to wbodies. :)

Korey

Haha, thanks guys. Yeah, I just put a deposit down on it yesterday, I'm going to finish paying it off next week, so technically, it's mine. :) Thanks for the warm welcomes. I liked the "welcome to the madness" note. :D What type of aftermarket stuff is available for the quad 4?

Korey

What type of aftermarket stuff is available for the quad 4?

Korey

Ye asked and ye shall recieve :lol: http://www.mantapart.com/ Has a ton of Quad 4 stuff. I've also heard people saying to get the 086 head, I guess it flows better.

Anyways, go to this link to for a lot of useful info about the quads http://www.bstuff.com/index.php?showtopic=3092

Haha, yeah, when I first started looking for a new car, I never thought I'd buy a Cutlass. I never knew that they had this kind of speed. At first, I was just looking for something with a stick shift. When I get it home, I'll post pics of it. :) I put 200 down so he could hold it (he was getting a lot of calls on it, but I was the only one to test drive it), and I have the rest except for about 200, but I'll have the rest by the end of week (payday, woo hoo).

Korey

Haha, yeah, when I first started looking for a new car, I never thought I'd buy a Cutlass. I never knew that they had this kind of speed. At first, I was just looking for something with a stick shift. When I get it home, I'll post pics of it. :) I put 200 down so he could hold it (he was getting a lot of calls on it, but I was the only one to test drive it), and I have the rest except for about 200, but I'll have the rest by the end of week (payday, woo hoo).

Korey

Nice and the your signature is all ready signed :D

That's a nice find you got yourself there! I'm sure there are many many members of this forum who'd give their left nut to have a 5-Speed W-Body. I think Steve summed it up best: "Welcome to the madness!" I mirror the sentiment. Welcome to the madness indeed!!!

Werd on the 5-speed. I'm still really happy that I have mine. :)

Personally I've only seen one Q4 5 speed. and it wasn't even the H.O. version. Good find. :thumbsup:

that must have been the SOHC one

I agree with what everyone has said. For w-bodies, any 5-speed is rare and I've only see 2 or 3 with either version of the Quad-4. Sounds like a great find that is worth buying and improving!