1990lumina

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi to everyone on the forums. My name is Jeff. I just got a W-Body for a birthday today, and as nice as it is, I'll probably need some help/advice from you guys later on regarding my car.

The car is a white 1990 Chevy Lumina 3.1 Euro Coupe with 140,XXX kilometers (roughly 85600 miles) on it. Everything is in nice shape on it. I'll have some pictures hopefully tomorrow as I gotta clean it up a bit. Well I guess my first question is, what product would you suggest for use on the stock aluminum wheels? I've used "NO-TOUCH" wheel cleaner before and it shines Ford aluminum wheels nice, but anything special that may work better?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum!

Look forward to hearing from you guys!

- Jeff L.

welcome bud!

unfortunatly if your stock wheels look like poo, you usually need to strip down the clear coat, and then respray them... alot of peole have asked about it, so use the search function.

hey welcome to the board! for cleaning our stock rims, if they're in fairly nice shape, I use Meguiars Hot Shine All Wheel Cleaner. Man works like a charm. My wheels sometimes look high polished after i clean them.

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi to everyone on the forums. My name is Jeff. I just got a W-Body for a birthday today, and as nice as it is, I'll probably need some help/advice from you guys later on regarding my car.

The car is a white 1990 Chevy Lumina 3.1 Euro Coupe with 140,XXX kilometers (roughly 85600 miles) on it. Everything is in nice shape on it. I'll have some pictures hopefully tomorrow as I gotta clean it up a bit. Well I guess my first question is, what product would you suggest for use on the stock aluminum wheels? I've used "NO-TOUCH" wheel cleaner before and it shines Ford aluminum wheels nice, but anything special that may work better?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum!

Look forward to hearing from you guys!

- Jeff L.

Hi Jeff.

Any 1990 Lumina Euro Coupe owner is a friend of mine. :lol:

You will get ribbed for owning a Lumina a good bit, but take it all in stride. We are all W owners in the end. We have a great group of people here.

It seems that Luminas are the read headed stepchild of the W-Body family. I love mine, though.

That's awfully low miles for a 1990. Mine has 150,000 miles, and I thought that was low. :shock:

Welcome to the obsession that is "W" You'll be here alot.

Welcome aboard!

welcome....posting pics is a must....

He has a hard time understanding what things look like.......

j/k man

welcome to the board....you will be obsessed.

As promised, I got some pictures of my car. Sorry about how long it took, and sorry that they aren't the "greatest" quality but I guess they're good enough to give everyone a look at my car. I got it out of the highway, it has fairly good power, but I wished it wouldn't rev all the way to 6000rpm as it seems there is neither horsepower or torque all the way up there. Anyway, here's the link! http://members.shaw.ca/oldman123/lumina/

Hope you like the car, thanks for all the replies!

- Jeff[/url]

Wow that's a clean Euro, nice rarer grille too. Looks like the backseat is either in mint shape or really torn up?

I've found that with my 2.8 there's no need to go above 4500. Lots easier to control that with the clutch though.

Justin, that's just a really ugly seat cover, the seat under neath is in as good shape or better as it has barely been used.

The reason I put that cover on there is because I have a few friends that don't really care to much and might spill something accidently or something else could happen, and that fabric looks like it may be a pain to clean if it was stained, so I was trying to prevent stains, but maybe ScotchGuard would be a better solution. Anyway, that seat cover is from the 1980s when my dad had a Chevy half ton truck but he never put that cover one so I tohught I'd give it a try.

Look forward to hearing from you.

- Jeff

really clean car!! there's really no need though to get up to 6000 rpms, and your right, theres no hp or torque up that high either :lol: highest ive gone up is 5400, and i got scared and havent done it since :roll: good luck with it!