Friend buying a GTP

loominaz34

Hey guys, my friend wants to buy a '94 GTP with 80,000 miles on it. alternator's new, mufflers are good but no idea on the timing belt. It hasn't been changed as far as the dealer knows. Its got 3 different types of tires, goodyear eagle RSA's out back, and cheapass whatever-fit's in the front. The body's good other than a few scuffs on the front fascia and it started up, ran, and drove fine. The sticker on the car says they want $5700 for it but they'll likely budge to about $4500

Is it worth it? What would you pay?

Ya thats definetly too much money i would say talk them down to 3,800 or better yet go with only that and say 3,500. If they dont sell then let it go u can always find something better and at a good price. :wink:

So is the 5500 that I paid for mine too much. It has 80,000 on it now, with recent alternator, new tires, timing belt, serpentine belt, new brakes and the car cosmetically is flawless. The tires are all matching michelins.

So is the 5500 that I paid for mine too much. It has 80,000 on it now, with recent alternator, new tires, timing belt, serpentine belt, new brakes and the car cosmetically is flawless. The tires are all matching michelins.

What year? I'd say so. If it had say... 10,000 miles... then it would be a different story.

Guest Anonymous

judging by all these posts and the fact that everyone is not really near the city, i take it cars are cheap by you. I see 94-96 GTPs listed for 4-5k all the time and they sell. But iits like that with everything here. ($20 for a ceasar salad at Friday's), 15k for a 98 GTP, etc.