Cutlass duribility

FreakingGomer

I am absolutely amazed at how well my 93 cutlass held up a couple weeks ago, I was going down a gravel forest service road when a deer decided to stand in the middle of the road as I was going around a semi-blind corner doing around 65-70mph. I did a 360, momentarily regained control then slid into a 180 and went ass-backwards into a ditch. luckily as soon as I noticed I was sliding backwards towards a ditch I floored it so the car slowed down some, but I went through 3-4 trees(the small ones they plant like after forest fires, they were only 3-5ft tall) then hit the ditch filled one exhuast tip with sand and broke the hanger on the other one, but there was no body damage at all, not even scratches from the trees, if I had done that in my old blazer it would have rolled, in the saturn I would have totalled the thing, I am amazed that the car didn't get hurt. I am re-evaluating wanting to sell this car.

all I can say is, I have been in an accident in each of my cars, the blazer got hit while I was sleeping in it, some crazy drunk hit it while I was legally parked. The saturn, I got t-boned by a ford truck, 50-50 fault on that, and then this but no one got hurt with the cutlass getting a little squirly on gravel

only one accident was remotely my fault (that involved another car) and that was the one in the saturn where I got t-boned. the blazer I was offroading with some friends and we always park in the same spot at the end of this field along with like 5-10 other cars that are usually up there and some drunk came tearing across the field and hit the blazer square in the side while I was asleep in the back. rolled it down a small hill, a long ambulance ride later I woke up and figured out what happened. The cutlass, I was just going a little fast on a gravel road not expecting an obstruction when i should have been

The only "accidents" I've had were smashing my tires on curbs (twice, once I hit the right side against a curb while trying to unlock my glove box, the other time I slid going around the corner on wet pavement). Had to replace the tires and one rim, no real damage other than probably premature wear on balljoint/tierods.

Once other time in the winter I slid around a corner (was going slow too) on black ice, and hit one of those metal guard rails, I just bounced off didn't even chip the paint. :lol:

i took out an x-mas tree with my car

On Boxing day of like 3 years ago, I took the 91 out and spun it on some ice and ended up nailing a tree with the back end of my car....I'm talking like a mature, 100 year old tree... I only slightly cracked the back bumper a little bit in one corner, but that was it, not a single scratch more...at 75 km/h... and I bent the tree....to this day its crooked..

My friend was driving her ~ '2003 GP GT she was stopped at a stoplight; according to witnesses a civic hit her at about thirty MPH. There's a dent in the back bumper. Nothing more. The civic was done.