i got 2 codes, and 2 questions

cutty

ok well im in school to become a tech. and i was scanning my car for codes today and i got two codes. DTC76, and DTC77, one is EGR2, and EGR3. anyone know what might be making my car have these codes. i have a 95 with the 3100 engine.

one more question is how hard is it to replace the fuel filter, and how would i go about changing it.

GM DTC 76 - Driver Side Air Bag Short to Voltage

DTC 77 - Driver Side Air Bag Deploy Loop Resist High

Really, you're getting explainations for EGR fault codes? Hmm... that's new.

one more question is how hard is it to replace the fuel filter, and how would i go about changing it.

Actually, really easy.

All is needed a 16mm and 20mm wrench to unscrew the fuel lines from the filter.

Just watch your eyes; the lines are pressurized and spray gas all over for a few seconds.

- Erik

yeah thats weird that it did say egr, now that i remember i have a recall on the airbags. id say over a year ago, so the damn dealer prolly fucked it up somehow.

and atleast the fuel filter is easier to replace than i thought.

GM DTC 76 - Driver Side Air Bag Short to Voltage

DTC 77 - Driver Side Air Bag Deploy Loop Resist High

Really, you're getting explainations for EGR fault codes? Hmm... that's new.

Actually, really easy.

All is needed a 16mm and 20mm wrench to unscrew the fuel lines from the filter.

Just watch your eyes; the lines are pressurized and spray gas all over for a few seconds.

- Erik

Yeah, depressurize the system first by unscrewing the cap on the schraeder valve on teh fuel rail in pushing in on the little pintle thing. Just be ready with a rag there to soak up any fuel.

Yeah, depressurize the system first by unscrewing the cap on the schraeder valve on teh fuel rail in pushing in on the little pintle thing. Just be ready with a rag there to soak up any fuel.

i know this might sound stupid but where is the schraeder valve at, i know where both fuel rails are at though.

WHen I changed my fuel filter I disconnected the fuse to the fuel pump then try to start the car. Do it a couple times and it will eat up the gas and stall. A little will still come out though, also take off the gas cap (I'm not sure why but I think you are suppose to).