Got a crash course in "W-Body 101" last night...

DiscoStudd

My 95 had the same problem, only it wouldn't want to start. I thought that the starter was going bad.

Anyways my permanent fix to the problem was to disconnect the pos+ wire from the fuse box and use WD40+wire brush and clean the hell out of it. I took that bolt that presses the wire down on the fuse box, put it on a vise and used my grinder to get at the fresh meat. Tightened all the bolts down real hard now it starts perfect.

Ok, i'm doing mine right now. Is there any really good way to get all of that rust and crap off of the post?? I have a little wire brush, and it isn't doing nothing at all.
Sandpaper or emery cloth works good...

Bruticus: A follow up to what you told me about your post being loose. I gave this some thought, and figured you could try this: First get another nut (from another W or from the hardware store.) Remove the nut from the post, then remove the cable. Now that you have 2 nuts, take one and install it upside-down on the post (bottom it out against the plastic.) Install the cable on top of the upside-down nut. Now install the 2nd nut on top of the cable so you sandwich the cable between the 2 nuts. Hold a wrench on the bottom nut and tighten the upper nut good and tight. Now your cable will hold in place and not wiggle loose!

Ok, i'm doing mine right now. Is there any really good way to get all of that rust and crap off of the post?? I have a little wire brush, and it isn't doing nothing at all.

Liquid wrench + wire brush

Sandpaper or emery cloth works good...

Bruticus: A follow up to what you told me about your post being loose. I gave this some thought, and figured you could try this: First get another nut (from another W or from the hardware store.) Remove the nut from the post, then remove the cable. Now that you have 2 nuts, take one and install it upside-down on the post (bottom it out against the plastic.) Install the cable on top of the upside-down nut. Now install the 2nd nut on top of the cable so you sandwich the cable between the 2 nuts. Hold a wrench on the bottom nut and tighten the upper nut good and tight. Now your cable will hold in place and not wiggle loose!

Sounds interesting ill give it a try.