BLOWN HEAD GASKETS = RIP CUTTY

MIKELABZ

fix current car or invest in a new vehicle?  

1. 1. fix current car or invest in a new vehicle?

MY CAR DIED 2 DAYS AGO.

THE CULPRIT:: A BLOWN HEAD GASKET

CHARGE: 1500.00

contemplating whether i should buy another car or continue to put money into a car with over 170,000 miles on it.

i passed by a chevy dealership witha 99 down 99/month slaes pitch... thinking about doing that.

any suggestions appreciated. :wink:

Kinda depends on what you have money for. If I were in that situation, I'd pick up a new car and put the Olds away... work on it when I had time. Its basically worthless on the market, so you might as well keep it even if you get something else.

Guest Anonymous

My car's HG's are shot but it still chugs along.

it depends how much the car means to you. Me, I love my petty edition. Its the car I've always wanted. Thats why im spending a ton to get it fixed. But if the car is pass-A to you, you'd probably be happier in something new. is this car a 3.4?

you all know what i'd do

OOOH OOOH! BUY A G-BODY!!?!!?!?! :lol: :lol:

all kidding aside it shoulen't be too hard to change em yourself if you are up to it, total cost shoulden't be over $150

OH MAH GAWD U SHULD TOTALIE LIK BY A 1983 BUIK REGUL CUZ DEY R SUUU MUC BETUR DEN STUPED FWD WBODIE U STUPED FUKS I HOP U DIE POSITRAKTUN RULEZ U R LSD DIFERINTIAL WTF DUZ DAT MEN DUZ DAT MEEN U HAV DRUGZ IN UR TRANNY LOLOLOL DAT IS GUUD 4 WEN U R TRAFIKIN DRUGZ 2 CANADUH 4 DA CANAHDIAUEN FATAZZ LOLOLOLOLOL OH MAH GAWD U R FAGITS

OH MAH GAWD U SHULD TOTALIE LIK BY A 1983 BUIK REGUL CUZ DEY R SUUU MUC BETUR DEN STUPED FWD WBODIE U STUPED FUKS I HOP U DIE POSITRAKTUN RULEZ U R LSD DIFERINTIAL WTF DUZ DAT MEN DUZ DAT MEEN U HAV DRUGZ IN UR TRANNY LOLOLOL DAT IS GUUD 4 WEN U R TRAFIKIN DRUGZ 2 CANADUH 4 DA CANAHDIAUEN FATAZZ LOLOLOLOLOL OH MAH GAWD U R FAGITS

how did i know this was gonna happen....

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA We could always use a good c-rexism.

when i purchase that next car......you guys will be the first to know about it

unfortunalty :roll:

don't worry it won't be for a few years

the '93 Cutlass will ride for a while still

school goes before my pos car. i'm not making $9 an hour the rest of my life.

$1500 for a headgasket huh....front or rear, or both? If it's rear, the job is pretty straightforward. Front is a PITA but still not the worst thing to do. Thank God I know how to do this stuff otherwise I'll have debt out the wazoo

$9/hr and you can't afford a new car? If you had a house payment, I would understand, but I thought you live at home? I DO have a house payment which takes half my paycheck and leaves me with less leftover than you make, but I still feel like I live like a king and can afford everything I want. I guess I just know how to budget.

Back to the topic: If you can't fix it yourself, dump it.

People who can't fix their own cars need car payments and warranties. It's a lot less headache that way. I'm just guessing that you never suggested changing the head gasket yourself means you have no interest to do it, so new car is the way I'd go (and I'd get one with warranty). If you did want to change the head gasket yourself, the people who said it costs around $150 are right. I think that's how much it cost me to do it.

$9/hr and you can't afford a new car? If you had a house payment, I would understand, but I thought you live at home? I DO have a house payment which takes half my paycheck and leaves me with less leftover than you make, but I still feel like I live like a king and can afford everything I want. I guess I just know how to budget.

do know how much i pay in insurance? get an online quote for an 18 yr old guy with 2 points on his record. that's where my money goes. i don't have full coverage either, just ppld and theft.

what i have leftover gets dumped into this god damn car. those god damn brakes are an almost monthly thing anymore, my struts decided to take a shit not too long ago, now my monoleaf is taking a dump, i can go on with all the stupid shit that is breaking on a regular basis.

i know this car will start every time i turn the key, it's never left me stranded, but it is a parts eater if i've ever seen one.

now that it's the fall and school is starting again, i can't work 40 hour weeks anymore. i'm down to a 16 hour week, so instead of bringing home approx $240 a week it's less than half that.

so, i don't have money to buy a new car. i barely have enough to keep this one going. i'm glad my parents are willing to help me out when i can't afford the expensive parts.

i think the better question is how badly did you abuse that cutty that you blew a headgasket in the quite litrally "unbreakable" 3100???? :roll:

Wha? 170,000 miles on that engine.. what if the gaskets are original?