rusty car, making me unhappy

z34_nut

yeah, rust all along the top of the front windshield and rear, my trunk is just about toast, my rear quarter panels are shamefull. the front of my car, theres no rear bumper support or at least the panel (it rusted!) and behind the ground effect, well shit, i dont even wanna go there....

so my point is, wtf do i do about it? sell the car for like 1k, and then buy a new z, or what??

yeah, rust all along the top of the front windshield and rear, my trunk is just about toast, my rear quarter panels are shamefull. the front of my car, theres no rear bumper support or at least the panel (it rusted!) and behind the ground effect, well shit, i dont even wanna go there....

so my point is, wtf do i do about it? sell the car for like 1k, and then buy a new z, or what??

Quit your bitching!!! My rear quarters are rusting too.

i figured you would say sumthing...

but trust me

i'll show you pictures...

i figured you would say sumthing...

but trust me

i'll show you pictures...

Show me pictures, bah pictures. I'll take a look at your car tomorrow.

well your best and really only bet to get rid of the rust is new pannels plain and simple, cut them from a junkyard lumina and get them welded in.

or fabricate up new pieces for said areas. rust is a bitch, my car is rust free and damnit its gona stay that way

Sell car, move south, buy new (to you) Z34 when you get to your new destination, never worry about rust again.

We do get snow and road salt here, but not as severe and not as often. W-body bodies don't rust, at least I've never seen a rusty one and all 4 of mine are rust-free despite being used all winter long.

my last car had rust it was a z. i got rid of it and bought a 94z with no rust and switched all of my parts over. rust is the worst. keep in mind that the gm engineers did not do a good job on keeping water out of the z trunk. if you have aleak or just to check go the the trunk and lift the carpet off. where the body panels meet they put this foam or hard putty. after a while the water sits there and rusts outr and leaks. and the water chanels leak a lot to. just dome help ful advice. i got rid of m rust by cleaning it with a dremel and getting all the old putty out then patching the holes with j b weld. no more leak. sorry i went off subject

my last car had rust it was a z. i got rid of it and bought a 94z with no rust and switched all of my parts over. rust is the worst. keep in mind that the gm engineers did not do a good job on keeping water out of the z trunk. if you have aleak or just to check go the the trunk and lift the carpet off. where the body panels meet they put this foam or hard putty. after a while the water sits there and rusts outr and leaks. and the water chanels leak a lot to. just dome help ful advice. i got rid of m rust by cleaning it with a dremel and getting all the old putty out then patching the holes with j b weld. no more leak. sorry i went off subject

theres litterally holes in the trunk. so filling them with silicone is out of the question, one i get my pictures uplouded, i'll show every-one.

W-body bodies don't rust, at least I've never seen a rusty one and all 4 of mine are rust-free despite being used all winter long.

:bonk: :bonk: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I should go take some pictures for you :lol:

I was talking about W-bodies somewhere that the climate is halfway decent... not W-bodies in the great white North.

I've gotta say mine is rust-free as well. Meh.. I rarely wash it in the winter. It isn't worth it. As soon as I drive out of the carwash, my doors freeze shut and the car turns brown within a block. This is what it looks like when I consider it CLEAN in the winter:

wintercar.JPG

W-body bodies don't rust, at least I've never seen a rusty one and all 4 of mine are rust-free despite being used all winter long.

:bonk: :bonk: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I should go take some pictures for you :lol:

I was talking about W-bodies somewhere that the climate is halfway decent... not W-bodies in the great white North.

no rust for me either gotta love them missouri winters

Tip for those of you in the great white north. wash car every couple weeks in winter aka, hose that shit down at a car wash, but other than that don't store it warm unless you're going to clean it everyday.

As long as the road salt is frozen its safe from rusting really (it takes way longer), just let it thaw off in May when winter stops. Thats right, may.

winter here? november to may. I fucking love winter too. :D :D