Drop Top Cutlass

Guest Anonymous

You may have been able to get all that stuff on a 1991 or 1992 model...but seriously...concentrate your money on getting that Petty Edition running good. Its a shame to see that car sit. Either fix it like right now or sell it man.

what a damn shame :cry:

Guest Anonymous
You may have been able to get all that stuff on a 1991 or 1992 model...but seriously...concentrate your money on getting that Petty Edition running good. Its a shame to see that car sit. Either fix it like right now or sell it man.

what a damn shame :cry:

Im not buying one now, I just wanted to know for future reference. Thats my next vehicle.

dont worry, the petty will be on the road eventually... right now its a matter of finding an affordable 3.4 with some sort of warranty.

No offense but why post about this when you can post about fixing ur car...but ne ways the 91's which are the older body style is the last year you can get the UB3 and the DIS, but you can get HUD on ne drop top.

You will have a hard time finding an easily affordable 3.4 with a warranty. You gotta drop some $$$ to get a nice 3.4.

If it were me, and i'm probably more mechanically incliened than yourself, I would get a running junkyard 3.4, change the timing belt, slam it in over a weekend and call it good enough. A car that is sitting around isn't doing anyone much good (and I know this from experience, my '70 Plymouth Duster is still sitting when I should have had it back on the road in may, and trust me, it is a bother to me all the time). I've been involved in 4 engine changes in the last year so it isnt bad for me.

I think i remember you saying your going to school too....that can't help matters any for getting extra cash.

Guest Anonymous

Its doesnt help matters any at all. Its draining the money that i have for the engine.

I figure if i get a job in the city and sell my 95 i can have enough to fix it up real nice and last me until im out of school (5 more years) and it can be retired to garage/weekend driver status.

Back to the topic- i was just curios b/c i see this drop top cutty in white all the time. I think it works at Wal*Fart. Its pretty cool and I wouldnt mind one with all the gadgets :wink:

Sounds like you want a 93'. 93' is the sweet year for the convertible, every possible option you can think of was available. Thats my dream, a 93' 3.4 DOHC in tripple black with a 5 speed, sport package, HUD, DIC, and otherwise fully loaded. Some day...for now I'll settle for my 95'.

Sounds like you want a 93'. 93' is the sweet year for the convertible, every possible option you can think of was available. Thats my dream, a 93' 3.4 DOHC in tripple black with a 5 speed, sport package, HUD, DIC, and otherwise fully loaded. Some day...for now I'll settle for my 95'.

you couldn't pay me to take a '93 over a '95....the interior in a '95 is WAY WAY WAY nicer.....

Guest Anonymous

I looked at them on cardomain and they were really nice (93). Rear buckets too!

There was an all black one that was really nice but i wasn't feeling the maroon leather.

anyway, what is "Triple" black? and "triple" white?

anyway, what is "Triple" black? and "triple" white?

triple black = black paint/black top/black interior

triple white = white paint/white top/white interior (I think White Out's car is hot, and I don't even like white cars...)

right now its a matter of finding an affordable 3.4 with some sort of warranty

warranty? i don't need no steekin warranty! i carry my "roadside assistance" in my trunk, Mr. Craftsman

This lady came into Auto Trader while I was on my lunch break and wrote up an ad for her triple black 95 Vert just the other day...I think she wants like 10 grand obo (Canadian) for it...she was literally a little old lady...and has had it since it was new, babied the thing and never drove it in winter...i watched her drive it out for the photo....wow....what a beautiful car....I also wanted to steal her whole interior....

YK

Here's my tripple white 95'.

Cutlass_Top_Down_Drivers_Front.jpg

and...

Cutlass_Top_Up_Passenger_Side.jpg

I just think tripple black would be kick ass, my Trofeo was black on black and I loved it. A bit warm during the summer but that wouldn't really be a problem with a convertible.

I almost forgot about the rear buckets in 93'. Man that would be sweet.

If you got a 92-94, HUD is plug & play. You can add the UB3 digital cluster to them with some minor rewiring. The tach will work, even on a 94. For the DIS to work fully, you'd need a 92-93.

94 has the better rear brakes and 95 has the newer interior with dual airbag.

I hate the 94 interior. I thought I would like it better since it can take HUD, DIS, and UB3 cluster (all the toys I wanted), but the airbag steering wheel blocks the air vents. A lot of people say you don't need AC in a droptop... when it's 90+ degrees and humid, I beg to differ! Generally, I do prefer the older interior. I think the angled door handles are a lot more ergonomic than the horizontal ones in the 95+, and I like the radio up high much, much better. I do prefer the dual airbags, roundedness and normal glovebox of the 95+ interior though, but most of all, placement of the HVAC vents is much better!!!

I STILL want to know if the '95 Supreme has the HUD plug in that dash somewhere :!: Its in the owners manual and I think its in the service manual as well... yet none rolled off the line with 'em. I'm almost willing to bet they're wired for it. I haven't gotten a chance to tear into a '95 to prove my theory, so it still remains a theory.

Here's my tripple white 95'. .

Cutlass_Top_Down_Drivers_Front.jpg

521382_10_full.jpg

hehe, almost a twin to mine, cept old interior in gray, tint, and no pinstripe :-D. If only I had some cash to go triple white...

yours have rear buckets?