Keyless Entry FOBs for a 2001 Grand Prix GT

SEiZe

Anyone have the FCC IDs, Model Numbers for a 2001 Grand Prix?

I then owner's manual it shows two different types, one with an alarm/panic button and another without. I am needing to find two of these and don't plan to pay $120 a pop for each plus $40 programming fee from the Pontiac dealership.

Also, has anyone done any business with http://www.keylessride.com ? If so, what do you think of them and are they shady?

pretty much any GM key fob should work.

unless somethings changed since '99 to reprogram the fobs get in the car, close the door...not sure if you have to, but the dinging gets irritating otherwise...turn the key to accesory, and then hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the fob. the doors should lock, might be unlock cant remember and its been a while, and the fob will be programmed for your car.

also works great to mess with friends if you can get their keys from them for a couple minutes.

You can find them on ebay really cheap and program them yourself (i'll have to look for the instuctions). I believe in 2001 they changed styles. My 2000 has the 4 button remote.

From the back of mine:

GM: 10246215

Canada: 218 101 487

Model/FCC Id: ABO0204T

I just got two of the remotes for $9.99 each from eBay and both are brand new. The dealership wants waaaayy too much for them and the "programing". There are four of us at work that have Grand Prixs, thre of us have 2001s and one guy has a 2000. I am the only one with out a remote (since the original owner lost them and the second master key).

I saw two styles in the manual, but I think that the 3 button basic style is for the SE and the 4-button style is for the GT and GTP. Can anyone confirm this for me?