trunk relay??

THe_DeTAiL3R

Alright the solenoid thing that pops the trunk open tested good when I put 12v power to it, so thats not the problem.

When I press the button to pop the trunk open I hear a "click" which is pretty quiet. The sound comes from somewhere inside the trunk and I beleive it is a relay or something... anyone know where it is located???

There are only like four pieces to the whole system.. one power wire (stock it goes from tranny position switch to the firewall connector then straight to the button), the button, the power wire that goes from the button to the trunk, and the actual solenoid. there is no seperate relay device or anything. The solenoid is grounded right where it mounts, no extra wires for that or anything.. when you press the button you can here the solenoid (it's not a particularly soft sound). if it's weak (but you still hear it somewhat) and not opening the trunk it might not be a good ground..

Yes, but with the solenoid unplugged and I hit the button on my remote, it makes a clicking noise..

I put my testlight on the power wire that goes to the solenoid and when i hit the remote there was nothing... :shrug: When I put the power connector of the solenoid to the brake light it was very loud, so I know it works for sure.

I'm just wondering what that clicking noise in the trunk would be then?????

oh on your remote huh.. I forget how it's all routed with keyless entry.. doesn't go through the power lock relays though, so I dunno what else could be clicking with that unplugged..

I'll take a peek at the manual tomorrow, I need to sleep right now.

Hi C-Bad the click- click noise you are hearing in the trunk is coming from the Keyless Entry Module.

The box is located to the right of the passenger side rear speaker, under the cover.

When you press the trunk button on the key-fob there should be 12v to the latch relay for one second.

If you press the trunk release button in the glove box there will be 12v on the latch relay as long as you hold the button in. The glove box button bypasses the Keyless Entry Module.

http://www.w-body.com/index2.html

Click on: Problems, Repairs, and Prevention

Then click on: Keyless Entry does not work.

Hi C-Bad the click- click noise you are hearing in the trunk is coming from the Keyless Entry Module.

The box is located to the right of the passenger side rear speaker, under the cover.

When you press the trunk button on the key-fob there should be 12v to the latch relay for one second.

If you press the trunk release button in the glove box there will be 12v on the latch relay as long as you hold the button in. The glove box button bypasses the Keyless Entry Module.

http://www.w-body.com/index2.html

Click on: Problems, Repairs, and Prevention

Then click on: Keyless Entry does not work.

Thank you!

I don't think there is a problem with the keyless entry cause my doors unlock perfect. Also if it is bypassed from glove box then the problem must lye somewhere else. Probably a bad wire somewhere. I'll take a look tonight or what when I get to putting my stereo in.