how much for paint

stilesr9167

Any sort of decent pait job is going to cost you $2500 or more. On top of that your looking at another couple hundred if you want the Z34 Decals and stripping replaced.

Its not worth it unless you plan to keep the car forever.

For a good paintjob? Both arms, both legs, and a kidney. Even then, it won't be as durable as factory paint (bugs and bird doodie will etch it).

I'd recommend buffing it out if the scratches aren't through the color coat.

call up Walled Lake Collision in Walled Lake, Michigan.

i've had body and paint work done there, they do great work. i was happy how my car turned out.

my car was in a minor wreck, i wonder if any of the guys at the Kengsington meet in may can figure out what part of the body was damaged

call up Walled Lake Collision in Walled Lake, Michigan.

i've had body and paint work done there, they do great work. i was happy how my car turned out.

my car was in a minor wreck, i wonder if any of the guys at the Kengsington meet in may can figure out what part of the body was damaged

Nope, but lemme look at it this time, now that I know theres body damage. I'll put it to you this way, I can spot body flaws like no other.

The paint on my TGP was pretty shot and I was considering a new paint job. Before I did that, I spent around $2 on a bottle of Kit Scratch remover, which supposely removes scratches, swirls and oxidation.

A moderate amount of rubbing and buffing gave these results:

This was right after I had washed the car, so all that crap in the paint is oxidation, not dirt.

Before:

DSCN0500.JPG

And after, showing one half of the decklid done:

DSCN0501.JPG

No wax on it yet. That was just after I buffed off the Kit.

Those of you thinking about a paint job because your paint is dull and scratched should try this stuff. One warning about it, though; if the stuff touches your molding around the rear window, it strips the black right out of it. Doesn't seem to happen with the rest of the molding, but be careful anyway.

the whole shebang cost me about $4,500 with paint new parts and weather stripping. Yes it's a lot but it turned out great. BUt as it was mentioned, it chips MUCH MUCH easier than stock paint. I used a clay bar on it before it was keyed and it looked great. Buy a swirl remover kit and maybe a three step wax/polish and spend the better part of a saturday on it, easier and cheaper than a new paint job. JMO later Jay

****i'll show you guys at the meet the problems with it though, i am gonna drive it through the shops window if it's not fixed!***