Max amperage of starter draw ...

cryptnix

what is the max amperage a starter draws as it cranks the shit out of the motor?

EEEEEEEEeeekkkkkkkk ;-) I don't think many will be able to answer this one but I could be wrong!

It makes up the choice of me moving my battery ...

The place I bought my 4 guage wire from won't take it back. They are bitches!

here is a clue. look at your battery terminals and look how big the wires is..

yahh 8gauge at best! proably 10 gauge

4ga will be more then enough to do it.

i relocated my battery to the trunk and i only have 1 wire thats 4ga(several feet) that goes to the positive battery terminal up front. i just grounded the battery to the turnk with(4foot wire) 4ga and left the ground terminal grounded to the car. So far no problems yet :D

As for the awnser to your question. your starter pulls around 50amps at 12 volts that requires 10gauge or better. So 4ga is more then enough

It would be nice if the 4ga. will work cause I just put it in and don't want to pull it for 0ga or something. Plus I could get the battery in the trunk in a matter of minutes... I think when I get the time I will plop the battery in the trunk and see how it works, someone elses is doing it so I don't see why not.