HUD acting up again

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

well i had the 92 out for a spin around the parking lot to keep things moving and the HUD is out again.

It does this all the time. when i first looked at the car it worked, and when i brought it into storage it was out; a few weeks later it came on again, out again, on, and now its out once again.

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe since the HUD is old, its sensitive to heat... the car faces the sun all day and i know that the HUD was almost boiling in there. sometimes when I go at night and its much cooler the HUD will co-operate.

any idea why this is? Maybe i should look into a new HUD system when the time comes.

why not get one of those windshield things to protect it from the heat?

however it may be time for a new hud unit or you could try tearing apart the unit and seeing what you can come up with

It's not broken.... Just bent far enough that the switch will not make proper conduct at times... (Like it turns itself off) ... Just look for a new dimmer switch assembly...

crush it already and get it over with.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I think your car just hates you. You need to give it more lovin'. :P

I'll keep an eye out at the scrappers..

considered that the solder joints that are on the inside of the switch are bad, or the 2 metal tabs that control the on/off arent touching. talk to gearhead and see if he thinks that one or both might be the problem