door now clicking

godofthunder

IMAG0011a.jpg

tighten this bolt.

my door clicked every time i moved it, now it doesn't after i tightened this. it was loose

i tighened it until i couldn't move the ratchet anymore without really straining at it. i'd get it tight but i wouldn't strip the bolt or anything.

I checked that bolt its tight, I'll tighten the other ones maybe tommorow, if it doesn't hurt.

Is there supposed to be play on the joint in the middle?

i wouldn't think so. i have some, but not a lot

if there is, that's probably your problem

i know for a fact when mine clicks i can see it almost "slipping" in the middle. It doesn't do it all the time either...it almost seems weather related on my cutty's driver door.

Why not just lube the hinges and door holder-opener with wd40? That's always fixed any noise issues with my Cutlass. Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious, but sounds like you haven't tried it yet.

Agreed get some WD 40 in there i had the same problem when i first bought my Lumina. I dont hear anything at all now and its been 2 and a half years.

Why not just lube the hinges and door holder-opener with wd40? That's always fixed any noise issues with my Cutlass. Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious, but sounds like you haven't tried it yet.

Agreed get some WD 40 in there i had the same problem when i first bought my Lumina. I dont hear anything at all now and its been 2 and a half years.

i've put wd40 on that joint in the middle countless times and it hasn't done anything. :roll:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned (Im not checking 3 pages) but your check hinge is probably loose. Remove the little rubber cap and there's 2 bolts I believe 13mm maybe 10mm depending on year. Tighten em up.

know for a fact when mine clicks i can see it almost "slipping" in the middle. It doesn't do it all the time either...it almost seems weather related on my cutty's driver door.

Same thing that mines doing, i'm gonna try to tighten those 5/16'' bolts at the door and see if it helps more., then i'll spray it with WD40.

Both of the ones on my GP are broken off - doors will not stay open at all!!

I figure I have lived with it like that since I have had my GP so what's another couple of years!!

Good to know that they are easily replaced. May have to go to the junkyard and grab some "new" ones.

Phil