door now clicking

godofthunder

no, not at all. Its a clicking almost in the hinges or something. I could see the other if the car had been hit...but it never has.

i was told once to tighten the bolts...but really dont know which ones I should work on...if someone had a pic would be great

jon

i bet its the door prop, mine did that for the longest time till one day the prop finally snaped. no more noise after that but no more door prop either.

i bet its the door prop, mine did that for the longest time till one day the prop finally snaped. no more noise after that but no more door prop either.

yah, my door prop is kinda annoying on the drivers side.

one day it will break and come back and smash your leg inspite of you.

i have a new one all painted and ready to go on, i just need to rest of the stuff for my door to come in the mail

Why not just lube the hinges and door holder-opener with wd40? That's always fixed any noise issues with my Cutlass. Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious, but sounds like you haven't tried it yet.

can't really lube it, the poping is the actual metal breaking.

as for replaceing, you need a 13mm to take off the outside bolt then there are 2 more under the rubber gromet, i forget what size they are.

then you gotta pull the door pannel off and then just pull it out, replace same way.

if i poke a pic sometiem, could yall show me what to lube and or tighten? The poping has gone away, but still makes a squeak each time you open and close it.

Im taking it, if this door prop brakes...it wont stay open? Kinda like our 87 regal.

correct?

jon

yep you will have leg smashing goodness and auto closeing doors, ask me how i know :dammit: i really need to put in my new one.

mabie take off the rubber gromet from where it goes into the door and put some good grease in the area that moves

When I got my car, the driver's side door prop was broken. My girlfriend's ankle still hurts from where she let her leg hang out while getting something out, and the door fell on it. It doesn't prop anymore :x

To lubricate your hinges on your doors, walk in to your kitchen and get some non-stick cooking spray...i garantee that this will stop your door hinges from sqeaking...you may have to work it in a little, but its the only thing i use anymore.

To lubricate your hinges on your doors, walk in to your kitchen and get some non-stick cooking spray...i garantee that this will stop your door hinges from sqeaking...you may have to work it in a little, but its the only thing i use anymore.

thats stuff works good. I used teflon spray for recoating pans on mine. that ended all noise i had on my doors,

there is just a 13mm bolt at the long end loosen that then to get at the other 2 bolts you have to pull back a rubber gromet to get to them

then to get the assembly out you gotta have the door pannel off

i've had the same exact issue with my car for some time now (about 31,xxx miles) and it hasn't gone away.

even with buckets of wd-40 and i just havn't bother to fix it yet...oh well. hasn't gotton worse. or better.

My drivers side door does click and its really annoying. I was wondering where it actually makes the noise? If I look at mine I can see that the middle joint part is where it makes the noise, but I'm not sure.

i'll take some pics tomarrow

too late at night now

i had the same problem, fixed it with a quarter turn of a ratchet.

Which bolts did you tighten?

UPDATE

I went outside to check out the door, the bolts for the inside of the door are 5/16''. I found the bolts to be loose so I tightened them down a bit, but not too much. The click was still there, should I tighten the bolts to the max?

Yeah, my passenger side door prop has been broken since I owned the Z. It sucks cuz it opens all the way and smacks a bolt on the body of the car, and put a huge dent in the door. :cry: My drivers side one on the other hand always creaks. They need to be replaced....like everything else.

the clicking you all speak of is the door prop itself breaking, the metal gets brittle and cracks and after 11 or so years of open close action mine finally snaped on me

But the thing is that it looks like the noise is coming from the pin at the end by the 13mm bolt. There is some play there and I hear a click when the door moves and I see the joint move quite a bit because its worn out.

And again should I tighten all the bolts to the max?