Got my Cutlass Finally!!!

94CutlassSLCoupe

My '94 Cutlass with 14,569 original miles finally showed up last friday. It runs REALLY great...starts right up, idles good, etc...

It definately spent a lot of time sitting out in the sun as the seat belts are discolored as are the speaker grilles. The leather seats were really dried out (put some leather conditioner stuff on them), The ashtray wouldn't stay shut (got a new one from the junkyard), the washer bottle and pump was missing (got one from same j/y for $5), the tires were dry rotted (i'm not currently driving it because of that), and the Battery and A/C are questionable (maybe the a/c just needs to be curculated). There is rust on the pulleys and generally a fair amount of light surface rust under the hood. The underside of the car is absolutely mint condition (no rust on the gas tank even) there is some clearcoat missing from the wheels.

I cleaned her up and gave it a wax job and it looks great. Its medium garnet red. Unfortunately, I had to get back to Michigan for work (i'm a college student and a co-op employee...currently in a work term) so I couldn't get the tires replaced (my parents are going to get that done)

I'm just hoping the old a/c works!

Specs:

'94 Cutlass SL Coupe (Garnet Red)

Grey leather seats with fold down back seat, power driver's seat

Power windows/locks/mirrors/Trunk

3100 v6 /4t60e (like 85% of them have lol)

16" sawblade wheels (again, common)

6 Speaker stereo system (but has the crap cassette deck)

Power Antenna

I can't wait to start driving this beast!

I'll have pics for ya next saturday or so.

what yard did you hit up and was it a u-pull......

....you should bring it to the next w-body meet at Kensington Park on Sept. 18th.....

later, and I can't wait to see pics....

I was back home in Pennsylvania...If anyone lives in that area (Erie area), hit up Seamens Auto Wrecking...they got plenty of W's (including a Z34 that's all there except the front end body pieces). I will definately think about getting to Kensington Park.

The car is sitting in the garage behind our house next to my Project car ('70 Plymouth Duster).

My dad was pacing around my car when I got done cleaning it saying "damn nice car" about every 30 seconds.

If you don't remember it....here's the link to the E-bay auction that tipped me off to it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2484719235&category=6405

Very nice score, indeed! I see the reserve on the auction wasn't met, so did you buy it for the price the auction ended at? 14K on a 94! All I can say is WOW :shock: !

I paid more than that price BUT i still don't think i got screwed...its like getting a brand new car (with some minor dings and scraches) for less than 1/5th the cost of a new W-body.

Like i said, it has some flaws but as long as my A/C works nothing will be too bad at all. I still need to pull the wheels and grease the pins on the brakes but other than that the rest of the stuff works great!

Yes...It was shipped to me...$435 is cheaper than flying to NY, taking a cab to long island, and driving it back for sure. Plus there was almost no time involved on my end.

The car was on E-bay (and posted on this site in auction watch)...but the reserve on the auction was $5500 and i paid $4800 just because the reserve wasn't met and i bargained w/him.

It has typical "old people owned it" damage (minor scraches and 2 dings)

I guess the original owner was like 75 yrs old when he bought it. He died and his wife kept it for like 5 more years but didn't drive it much...then it went through like 4 owners who didn't drive it, and then i bought it.

I guess it could be your father's (if not grandfather's) oldsmobile! :lol:

I probably won't part with it until the wheels fall off....and it can't be fixed.

2004972493686420279116.jpg

2004971603898535110417.jpg

2004973647151676811366.jpg

2004971676782935672907.jpg

2004975734324476557913.jpg

2004971646543273908855.jpg

2004978214322688355168.jpg

I just drove her from PA to Michigan and it ran great, without a hitch!!! My A/C needed a can of R-134 but it works good now!

You can see the blemishes that it has...I plan to either repaint the cowl or just get another one. I will probably paint the dogbones, braces, etc...that is rusty...and try to clean off the Aluminum stuff. [/img]

Thanks! She does have some small scraches and dings on her...and no paint left on the cowl...but I just couldn't pass it up. The car is so plush, yet sporty at the same time.

For some strange reason, the speakers in this car seem to have better high tones and also base than my sister's car...but mine is equipped with the door speaker option.

In short, I LOVE it...and it has power I have never felt behind the wheel of a 3.1L car ever before. The engine seriously does not even work hard. I could go 80mph all day and barely step on the gas pedal.

Just make sure you keep with the oil changes (even go synthetic) to minimize wear and keep the performance. Also with the door speaker option, the speakers in the dash are tweeters, so there's your hi's!

I changed the oil before my drive back to MI...the car has Pennzoil 10-w30 in it with a Purolator L10111 oil filter...I know it says 5w30 but i ran my blazer on 10w30 when it said 5w30 and it still ran as good as new at 130,000 miles

is there any advantage to a 5w30 oil weight? I know synthetic is better but I'm not sure that it makes much difference as I am not racing this car all the time either