You know that solid white stuff that falls from the sky?

LukeZ34

Dude, that's crazy, I was just talking to my friend that got hail damage, and came back to this post since I had remembered you talking about it. Yeah, she goes to fort hays too, I was pimping hard down there a couple months back. We had her Intrepid though. Damn...I want to say I saw some rare W down there, it easily could have been your car. I know I saw one since I had joked I'd buy it and drive it back to ND.

OK I just grimaced through those videos and I have to say.. You just STOOD there and watched the hail trash your TGP? I realize you couldn't put it in the garage. Do -something- man!! Once it started hailing at my girlfriends house and we ran out there with bath towels and put them all over the hood, roof and trunk. No damage occured. Then once time at my house it started hailing and I was cutting the lawn. I looked over at my new S-10.. panicked and quickly remembered there was a rubber mat in the bed of the truck. I reached in and grabbed it and slung it over the roof and hood of the truck. Luckily it was a lighter hail storm, but that rubber mat is 1/4" thick or more and wouldve stopped some good size hail.

My point is.. carry lots of towels in your trunk or pull out some cardboard boxes.. anything!

your hood looks like my roof. my car got caught in the hail this spring and got the crap beat out of it. it was a period of me working on it, so it was not insured. i've got bad luck with my car being not insured and bad stuff happening. nothing ever happens when it is insured and being driven

Dude, that's crazy, I was just talking to my friend that got hail damage, and came back to this post since I had remembered you talking about it. Yeah, she goes to fort hays too, I was pimping hard down there a couple months back. We had her Intrepid though. Damn...I want to say I saw some rare W down there, it easily could have been your car. I know I saw one since I had joked I'd buy it and drive it back to ND.

Wow, it really is a small world! Should have let me know you were headed this way, we would have met up or something. There's quite a few rare w-bodies here, but their all mostly trashed.

Guest Anonymous

hail got the better of the 95 a few weeks ago on the trunk lid.

the 92 was covered so it was alright

but now the 95 has a few pings and whever else is associated.

why didn't you just move it inside? I didn't see any reflections of a vehicle behind you on the garage door ...

wait yeah i did

damn, i feel your pain man ...

hail2 video ... "Oh Owww"

haha

Got the estimate from the body shop today.. $7119.28... What kicks my ass there is PARTS!

Would you believe that GM wants $1406 for a new hood? $951 for new roof skin? $662 for a trunk lid? $311 for a new windshield?

So I've decided that I'm going with used parts (from people on this forum), and Paintless dent repair on the roof. Then when I get all the needed parts gathered, I'll have the whole car repainted.

Got the estimate from the body shop today.. $7119.28... What kicks my ass there is PARTS!

Would you believe that GM wants $1406 for a new hood? $951 for new roof skin? $662 for a trunk lid? $311 for a new windshield?

So I've decided that I'm going with used parts (from people on this forum), and Paintless dent repair on the roof. Then when I get all the needed parts gathered, I'll have the whole car repainted.

are you serious!?

no aftermarket companies make the hood/roof/trunk??

Get a bag of dryice and put it on the dents on a good warm day. It will cause them to pop back out. I've done it on cars at the lot with good results.

or get a ding king. Those things rock, but are slow as hell.

Get a bag of dryice and put it on the dents on a good warm day. It will cause them to pop back out. I've done it on cars at the lot with good results.

or get a ding king. Those things rock, but are slow as hell.

Neither worked on my hail damage. :( Ding king does work on dents a bit bigger though.